With tournaments taking place on a weekly basis throughout the season, it perhaps comes as little surprise that golf betting sites are now hugely popular. Whether it be the Masters from Augusta, the hugely competitive Ryder Cup or an event from the European Tour, many punters today enjoy staking on their favourite golfers.
With that being said, our experts have broken down the best golf betting sites available to customers today, which we will list below. On this page, we will also outline the most popular golf betting markets. As well as this, we explain just how to give yourself the best possible chance of being successful in this market, which includes our top golf betting tips.
Top 5 Sports Betting Sites for Golf
Here’s a snapshot overview of the top 5 bookmakers for golf bets in 2021.
- Coral – Large number of golf specials available
- William Hill – New golf tournaments available to bet on weekly
- Paddy Power – Each way payouts on top 10 finishes
- Ladbrokes – Leading bookie for live golf betting
- Bet365 – Huge number of golf markets
- 1 Top 5 Sports Betting Sites for Golf
- 2 Our Recommended Sportsbook For Golf Bets
- 3 Top 5 Golf Betting Sites
- 4 How We Rank the Best Golf Betting Sites
- 5 Most Popular Golf Betting Markets
- 6 How to Bet & Success in Golf Betting
- 7 Golf Tours & Majors
- 8 Bottom Line on Golf Betting
- 9 Our Recommended Sportsbook For Golf Bets
- 10 FAQ’s
Our Recommended Sportsbook For Golf Bets
- Claim Free Bet
Top 5 Golf Betting Sites
1. Coral: Best Betting Site for Golf Specials (Bet £5 Get £20 in Free Bets)
Coral has long been a leading betting site. However, golf fans are likely to be attracted to them because of their extra places offers, along with a host of additional free bet opportunities.
Punters can bet on all four majors, as well as tournaments on a weekly basis, with ante-post markets being introduced months in advance. Player specials also help to meet the needs of punters at Coral. For example, you can bet on Bryson Dechambeau to win all majors in 2020 at odds of 150/1. The Yourcall feature means that customers at Coral can effectively place any bet in which they like.
- Large number of golf specials available
- Appealing odds
- Easy to use sportsbook on desktop and mobile
- Generous free bet welcome offer
- Free bets only valid for 7 days
2. William Hill: Best Betting Site for Golf Markets (Bet £10 Get £30)
Offering a huge number of golf betting markets, William Hill has everything in which punters are looking for. New customers are welcomed by £30 worth of free bets, while the odds available are regularly among the best in the business.
Pre-tournament, in-play and outright betting is available too, with markets surrounding golf being introduced as soon as the event is over. As the world’s most historic bookmaker, William Hill has excellent feedback surrounding security too, while support is available 24/7.
- New golf tournaments available to bet on weekly
- Support via live chat available 24/7
- Appealing welcome offer
- Excellent platform for live golf betting
- Betting site can appear overcrowded at times
3. Paddy Power: Best Betting Site for Golf Extra Places (Risk Free £10 Bet)
Paddy Power is a betting site that regularly attracts golf fans due to the fact that the bookie has many extra places offers in place. On top of this, an attractive risk free bet for new customers and ongoing specials only makes their site more appealing.
All tournaments from the PGA and European Tours are covered, along with an increasing number of events from the women’s game. Meanwhile, outright betting on all four majors is available throughout the year. With 24/7 support and live streaming from other sports also being found, Paddy Power is definitely worth considering.
- Live streaming of many sports
- Excellent golf betting odds
- Regular money back specials
- Each way payouts on top 10 finishes
- Cash out only on selected golf markets
4. Ladbrokes: Best Betting Site for Live Golf Betting (Bet £5 Get £20)
With over half a decades worth of experience to their name, Ladbrokes offer both pre-tournament and in-play golf markets. In fact, live golf betting markets at Ladbrokes are among the most in-depth on the web today, with hundreds of options being available to punters.
The Ladbrokes betting site works well on both desktop and mobile, while a betting app is also available on iOS and Android devices. Odds on outright tournament winners are very appealing here too, with the favourites being priced at around 10/1 in most cases. Ladbrokes also regularly introduce price boosts surrounding major golf tournaments.
- Generous free bet welcome offer
- Vast experience in sports betting
- Leading bookie for live golf betting
- Mobile app for iOS and Android users
- Withdrawals can be slow at times
5. Bet365: Best Betting Site for Golf Odds (Get up to £100 in Bonuses)
Regarded by many as the world’s No.1 betting site, golf features on a weekly basis at Bet365. Markets include to win outright, 72 hole match betting, top European, Top Englishman, winning margin and even top left handed player.
As such those looking for diversity should certainly check out Bet365. Golf betting odds on majors are introduced months in advance, while in-play markets become available as soon as the opening tee shot of a tournament is hit.
- Excellent mobile betting app
- Supports PayPal banking
- Leading golf odds
- Huge number of golf markets
- No golf live streaming
How We Rank the Best Golf Betting Sites
As always at Safebettingsites, reliability and security are key when ranking bookies, however there are in fact a variety of factors which help to separate the best golf betting sites from the rest. The following are the points considered when reviewing the latest golf betting platforms.
- Safety – The golf betting sites listed on this page are all fully licensed and regulated by leading authorities, while they also ensure that their customers are nothing but safe at all times. This is achieved through the use of technology including SSL encryption and firewalls.
- Markets – Golf fans will already be aware of just how many tournaments take place across the globe throughout the season. The best golf betting sites do not simply cover the four majors of the year. Instead, pre-match and in-play markets from both high-profile and more regional events are available.
- Odds – Bookies are constantly battling it out to say that they offer the best golf odds. Odds will determine how much punters win when placing successful bets. So, be sure to select a bookie delivering appealing golf betting odds regularly.
- Promotions – Whether they are generic or specific to golf, betting sites regularly introduce promotions in an attempt to attract punters. However, they must be fair for both parties, meaning that the terms and conditions are realistic. Promotions surrounding golf include price boosts and extra places.
- Support – Top golf betting sites must also offer support to their customers in a variety of ways. Telephone, email and live chat are the most common methods available to punters today. However, some of the latest golf betting sites may offer alternatives.
- Additional Features – While live streaming is not available at online bookmakers when it comes to golf, features such as cash out will undoubtedly enhance the user experience.
Most Popular Golf Betting Markets
Punters today are in a position to not simply bet on which golfer will win an upcoming tournament, with the following being among the most popular golf betting markets:
- Outright – Picking the winner of a golf tournament is viewed by many as something of a lottery, however the generous odds mean that this market continues to attract the interest of many. For example, betting on Dustin Johnson winning the upcoming US Open.
- The Cut – The cut determines which players will go on to play the remaining two rounds of a golf tournament, with those failing to achieve at least a particular score going home early. As such, some golf betting sites will allow their customers to bet on the likelihood of a player making or missing the cut.
- Hole in One – Occurring when the ball ends up in the hole in one shot, direct from the tee, betting on the possibility of a hole in one is another popular market. At most golf betting sites, punters do not even have to select which player will achieve this feat.
- First Round – Betting on which player will sit top of the leaderboard after the first round often attracts punters too, with what happens after this point having no impact upon the success of such bets.
- Top 10 – With the outright tournament winner market being difficult to predict, many punters turn to staking on whether a golfer will finish inside the top 10. Alternatives are found at some bookies, including top 5 or top 20 finishes.
- Nationality – Similarly, punters can often bet on which country or region the winner of a golf tournament will come from. For example, backing an American success because participants include the likes of Justin Thomas, Webb Simpson and Brooks Koepka.
How to Bet & Success in Golf Betting
As with any form of sports betting, there are a number of factors to consider before staking on your favourite golfers. So, be sure to come up with a golf betting system, which should take on board the following golf betting tips:
- Rules – Be sure that you fully understand the rules of golf before placing bets. Whether it be terminology such as birdies, eagles, par, cut or yardage, doing so will put you in a good position from the off.
- Weather – Check out the weather forecast before betting! Some players are known to handle the conditions better than others. As such, strong winds or rain could impact your bet.
- Value – Be sure to search for value when placing golf bets too! Betting on the favourites on a consistent basis is unlikely to bring about significant returns.
- In-Play – Live golf betting is available now too. This means that punters can wait to see how players are performing before backing them. In-play markets are available right up until the final round of a tournament.
- Form – The top golfers in the world are able to perform on a consistent basis. So, take a look at the recent form of players before deciding whether to bet on them or not.
Golf Tours & Majors
There are a number of events which grab the headlines during the golfing calendar, with the following being among the tours and tournaments to keep an eye out for:
Played at the famous Augusta National Golf Club in Georgia, the US Masters takes place annually. One of the four majors of the year, the winner dons the famous green jacket, with this also being the only major that is played at the same course each time.
The second major of the year, the PGA Championship has no fixed residency. It does always take place in the United States however, with Jack Nicklaus having won the tournament a record five times.
Players from both the PGA and European Tours once again battle it out here, with the US Open being the third major of the year. Generally taking place in June, US golfers have dominated over recent years.
The Open Championship
The only major to be held outside of the US is the Open Championship. Taking place at links courses in the UK, this is known as the most historic tournament in the world. St Andrews, Royal St George’s and Royal Liverpool have played host over the years.
A team based tournament pitting together players from the US and Europe, the Ryder Cup takes place every two years. Europe have four wins from the last five events, with foursomes, fourballs and singles helping to determine the victor.
Bottom Line on Golf Betting
Golf betting is hugely popular today. Based on some of the sites and markets available to punters online, this should not be a surprise. Golf betting sites today come with a host of options, with all major tournaments and events being covered. So, pick your favourite golf betting site today, before backing your favourite players in both the men’s and women’s game.
Our Recommended Sportsbook For Golf Bets
- Claim Free Bet
Is golf a good sport to bet on?
Yes! Tournaments take place on a weekly basis throughout the year, while a number of markets are available to punters. For those who have a good strategy, there is a good chance of winning on a regular basis too.
What should I consider before placing a golf bet?
No matter what the tournament is, be sure to check out the form of entrants, the weather forecast, world rankings and style of play. Doing so will increase your chances of being successful.
Which is the best golf betting site?
Selecting just one site is difficult. Golf betting sites today come with a host of attractive features. As such, the top pick for you will be the one which best suits your needs.
What are the standout golf betting markets?
Popular golf markets include outright tournament winner, top 10 finish, to make the cut and first round leader. However, there are a number of alternatives for punters to consider.
Is live streaming available at golf betting sites?
Golf is currently not a sport that can be viewed through online bookies, however tournaments are regularly broadcasted on the television.