Cricket is a sport played in an increasing number of countries across the globe. Whether it be Test, One Day or T20, fans have a large number of matches to enjoy throughout the year. Cricket betting sites are enjoying a surge in popularity too.
So, if you are looking to bet on England to beat Australia in the Ashes or India to come out on top at the T20 World Cup, this is the page for you. Readers will find our top 10 recommended cricket betting sites, along with the most popular markets and features.
- 1 Our Recommended Cricket Betting Sites
- 2 How We Rank the Best Cricket Betting Sites
- 3 Most Popular Cricket Betting Markets
- 4 How to Succeed at Cricket Betting: Strategy & Tips Explained
- 5 Live Cricket Betting & Streaming
- 6 Popular Cricket Betting Events & Tournaments
- 7 Bottom Line on Cricket Betting
- 8 FAQ’s
Our Recommended Cricket Betting Sites
- Claim Free Bet
- Live cricket streaming available*
- Among the best cricket odds online
- Top mobile betting app available
- Plenty of cricket specials
- Live cricket streaming on desktop and mobile
- Appealing odds on outright cricket markets
- Live cricket streaming available
- Large number of pre match and in-play cricket markets
- Hugely experienced and reliable betting sites
- iOS and Android mobile betting app
- Pre match, in-play and outright cricket markets
- Generous welcome bonus and ongoing promotions
- Regularly offer the best cricket betting odds
- Cricket matches from around the world covered
- Generous welcome bonus
- Regular chances to claim free bets
- Excellent platform for live cricket betting
- Competitive odds, especially surrounding the Indian Premier League
- Cover all international cricket matches
- Easy to use betting sites
- Unique welcome offer for new customers
- Live score and results pages available
- Generous cricket betting odds
- Large number of virtual sports markets on offer
- Variety of ongoing promotions
- International and domestic cricket markets available
- Live cricket streaming on desktop and mobile
- Enhanced odds on some cricket markets
- Live cricket streaming available
- Weekly free bets
How We Rank the Best Cricket Betting Sites
As with any online bookie, cricket betting sites must ensure that they perform well in a number of areas in order to attract punters. With that being said, the following are the areas in which our experts consider when recommending cricket betting sites:
- Safety – As always, safety and online security is the first thing in which we consider. A betting site can offer the best cricket betting odds and live cricket streams, however this is no good unless they offer a safe environment for punters. All of our recommending cricket betting sites are licensed in the UK.
- Markets – Whether you are looking for cricket World Cup betting or action from the County Championship in England, the sites offer a host of markets. Both pre match and in-play markets should be available on an almost daily basis.
- Odds – Betting on cricket is only appealing if the odds are fair and offer value. All of the cricket betting sites recommended here offer generous prices. Odds are calculated by experts, based on factors such as form and player availability.
- Live Streaming – Watching live cricket streams only makes betting on the sport more enjoyable. While it means that punters can check how their bets are doing, streams can also aid in-play bets and decisions regarding whether to cash out or not.
- Promotions – With cricket betting online, punters are likely to come across a host of promotions. Ranging from welcome bonuses and free bets to price boosts and insurance offers, such promotions can be very useful.
- Support – In an ideal world, punters should be in a position to receive support 24/7. While this is not always viable, assistance is on hand at the best cricket betting sites throughout the day, via telephone, email and live chat.
Most Popular Cricket Betting Markets
When operating on cricket betting sites, punters are likely to come across the following markets:
As with many other sports, betting on the winner of a match remains the most popular option for punters. Cricket matches, depending on their format, can end in a draw. This means that punters must stake on a home win, away win or draw.
Here, customers are staking on the player in which they believe will score the highest number of runs in an upcoming innings or match. While those at the top of the order are generally offered the shortest odds, there can sometimes be surprises.
Leading Wicket Taker
Cricket fans can also often bet on the bowler to take the most wickets during a match. This will likely be impacted by the conditions and quality of the batsman. Some bowlers have a knack of picking up wicket after wicket.
Many cricket betting sites allow punters to bet on there being over or under a set number of runs during a game. While the figure will depend on the format of the game, this can often be appealing. This is especially the case when top batsman are on display or the conditions favour the bowling attack.
1st Wicket Method
Before the opening ball of a match has been bowled, punters can bet on the method of the first wicket. Whether it be bowled, lbw, caught, run out or stumped. In-play cricket markets will allow customers to bet on the method of the next wicket too.
Player of the Match
The player of the match is normally the one who helps his team to victory with both bat and ball. While this is not always the case, betting on this market has become increasingly popular. A leading bowler or in-form batsman is normally worth backing.
Outright Tournament Winner
Today, many cricket betting sites allow punters to bet on which team will win a particular tournament or event. For example, customers can already bet on England retaining their ICC World Cup title in India in 2023.
How to Succeed at Cricket Betting: Strategy & Tips Explained
If you are looking for cricket betting tips then you are in the right place. Before placing your first cricket bet, it is important for punters to understand exactly how the sport works with online bookies. So, let’s take a closer look at some of the available strategies and tips available to cricket fans:
- Stick to What You Know – While you may think that you know everything surrounding cricket, be sure to focus upon specific tournaments. Diverting away from where you have a good knowledge is a surefire way to get yourself into difficulty. For example, if you follow the English game, try to bet on matches involving the Test side or from the County Championship.
- Backing the Draw – Test matches can often end in a draw, based on a number of circumstances, including the weather! As a result, an increasing number of punters are backing this result, especially with cricket betting sites offering such good value.
- Utilise In-Play Markets – Cricket betting odds will fluctuate during a match, based on runs being scored, wickets being taken and changes in the conditions. So, those who are able to follow games closely will likely be in a good position to make accurate predictions.
- Use More than One Bookie – In order to take advantage of the best odds, markets and bonuses, it may be wise to register with more than one cricket betting site. There is nothing stopping punters from doing so.
- Do Your Research – There are a number of useful platforms for checking out cricket stats and news. Before placing bets, be sure to do some research into the teams and players involved. This will ensure that you have all of the necessary tools available beforehand. On top of this, it will stop any unwelcome surprises from materialising. For example, you place a bet on England, only to find out that Ben Stokes has picked up an injury in the nets!
Live Cricket Betting & Streaming
Live betting has revolutionised the way in which bets are now placed online. While pre match and outright tournament markets remain popular, the excitement and potential rewards surrounding live betting attracts many punters. As soon as the opening ball of a cricket match has been bowled, a host of markets become available.
Those who are able to watch cricket matches as they unfold are likely to have a better understanding of what may happen next. As such, many cricket betting sites now deliver live streaming services. Below are just a select few of the top bookies to offer such a feature to punters today.
|Bookie||Live streaming qualify criteria||Go to site|
|Bet365||Funded sports account or having placed a bet of £0.01+ in the last 24 hours||Watch live cricket now|
|Ladbrokes||Minimum bet of £1||Watch live cricket now|
|Paddy Power||Minimum bet of £1 or funded sports account||Watch live cricket now|
Popular Cricket Betting Events & Tournaments
The Ashes brings together great rivals England and Australia. The two nations compete in a Test series every two years, with there being little to separate the duo over the years. The 2019 Ashes ended in a 2-2 draw, however Australia retained the Urn, having won the series 3-0 two years prior.
ICC World Cup
Taking place every four years, the ICC World Cup is a One Day tournament involving the top nations in the game. In 2019, a round-robin style group stage took place, before the top four teams progressed to the semi-finals. Hosts England were crowned champions following a dramatic super over against New Zealand in the final.
Indian Premier League
Some of the most exciting cricketers gather in India each year in order to compete in the Indian Premier League. The T20 format of games sees eight Indian cities represented, with the Mumbai Indians having won four titles to date, including in 2019. An auction is carried out each year to determine which players will play for which teams.
T20 World Cup
Another leading international cricket tournament is the T20 World Cup. Here, 16 nations compete to be crowned champions, with the fact that each innings lasts for just 20 overs making for some hugely entertaining play. The West Indies are the reigning T20 World Champions.
Bottom Line on Cricket Betting
Cricket has long been one of the most popular sports in the UK and other countries. Bookies have come to realise that they must cater for the needs of punters in this area. The cricket betting sites listed on this page are not only safe, but also offer a host of options when it comes to wagering on some of the top teams and players. So, be sure to select your preferred platform, before betting on matches and tournaments of your choice. Alternatively, check out our recommended football betting sites or tennis betting sites.
How do I bet on cricket matches and tournaments?
In order to bet on cricket matches, the first thing to do is register with one of our recommended bookies. Here, punters will find odds on cricket matches and tournaments. Carry out research and use your cricket knowledge to pick a winner.
Is betting on cricket legal?
Yes. Cricket betting in the UK is licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission. As a result, the cricket betting sites listed on this page are 100% legal.
Which is the best cricket betting site?
Several factors add up to separate the best cricket betting sites from the rest. Generally speaking, the leading names score highly surrounding safety, markets, odds, bonuses and additional features.
Do cricket betting sites offer live streaming?
An increasing number of betting sites offer live cricket streaming. This means that fans of the game can watch the action as it unfolds, with a qualifying bet normally being required to gain access.
Will I receive a bonus for signing up at a cricket betting site?
The majority of cricket betting sites will offer some form of bonus or free bet in order to entice new customers into signing up. While odds and markets are perhaps more important, such promotions can certainly provide a good platform.