As football betting has gone from strength to strength in recent times, the number of markets offered has also grown. No longer are punters restricted to betting on a team to win, nor do they have to bet on anything to do with the result of the match at all. Nowadays, one of the most popular football betting markets is ‘Both Teams to Score’ (or BTTS betting), which does it exactly what it says on the tin.
Due to sheer volume of punters looking to be on this market, betting sites across the board offer a plethora of ‘Both Teams to Score’ related options, which means that choosing a site to bet with can be tricky. Fortunately, we’ve sifted through the options, weighed up what is on offer and have compiled a list of the top ten sites for betting on both teams to score.
Our Best BTTS Betting Bookmakers in 2021
- Claim Your Bonus
- BTTS trailblazers with goals galore coupon
- Lots of markets
- BTTS accumulator insurance
- Great options on obscure leagues
- BTTS variety
- Accumulator bonus
- Lots of BTTS markets
- Strong odds
- Best welcome offer
- Excellent BTTS depth
- BTTS stats
- Great odds
- Money back if one leg of BTTS accumulator lets you down
- Great market variety
How we rank both teams to score betting sites
- Safety – Whatever we’re looking at, safety is of the utmost importance. To be recommended, sites need to be protecting their players, use up-to-date technology, comply with regulations, and last but certainly not least, they must treat their customers fairly.
- Markets – The more the better. ‘Both Teams to Score’ is a market that all betting sites offer, but sites need to go above and beyond this by offering plenty of variations of the market. Those with the most options will rank highest.
- Promotions – Bonuses must also be considered. Whether it is sign-up offers or free bets, sites offering ‘Both Teams to Score’ markets need to be performing well in this area to feature highly on the list.
- Odds – Offering lots of markets without offering consistently good odds is a bit like offering someone a drink and handing them an empty glass. Both teams to score betting sites need to be competitive with the odds that they’re offering if they’re to rank highly on our list.
- Features – Extra features can separate the men from the boys so to speak. Betting sites with useful features such as cash-out, stats relating to both teams to score markets, great content, live streaming, and betting tips will rank highly.
- Usability – This can often be a deal breaker, so to speak. A site can have all the markets, great odds etc, but if they’re not up to the mark in terms of usability, they’re unlikely to be popular. Only well designed sites that are easy to navigate feature in our rankings.
What is both teams to score betting?
What is BTTS in betting? Fortunately, this market that takes little working out. ‘Both Teams to Score’ is exactly that. Punters can bet on whether both teams will score in a football match. There are generally two both teams to score, or BTTS as it is commonly known, options. You can opt for – YES or – NO. As you would expect, betting on BTTS – YES means that both teams need to score at least once in the match for a return to be gained. The reverse is true of BTTS – NO.
This type of betting rose to prominence after Betfred introduced a football coupon called ‘Goals Galore’, which required punters to select matches where both teams would find the net. It didn’t take long for everyone else to catch up, leaving us where we are now, which is at stage where BTTS betting is hugely popular in the world of online football betting.
BTTS Betting variants
Since the meteoric rise of the Both Teams To Score market, other related markets have sprouted up. Punters can no longer only bet on whether or not both teams will rattle the net in a match, but can now combine BTTS betting with a bet on the result, or with an Over/Under bet, and much more.
Here are the different types of Both Teams To Score bets:
Both Teams to Score
The original. Punters bet on whether both teams will find the net or not. If ‘BTTS – YES’ is taken, both teams must score for a return to be yielded. Reversely, if ‘BTTS – NO’ is selected, at least one team must draw a blank for the bet to be rendered a winner.
Both Teams to Score & Win
Like the above, but with a winner thrown in. So, both teams to score no draw. In other words, punters can either bet on both teams to score and the winner, or both teams not to score and the winner. For example, ‘PSG to Win & Both Teams to Score’, or ‘PSG to Win & Both Teams to Not Score’.
Both Teams to Score & Over/Under
Avoiding the result, punters can bet on BTTS – YES or BTTS – NO and combine it with a total-goals bet. For example, ‘Both Teams to Score & Over 2.5 Goals’. In this case, for a pay-out to be achieved, both teams would need to find the net, while at least three match goals would need to go in. Alternatively, should a punter choose ‘Both Teams & Under 2.5 Goals’, the game would need to finish 1-1 for a return to be gained. This is akin to betting on a 1-1 correct score, though both teams scoring & Under isn’t limited to 2.5 goals. For instance, punters can also back ‘Both Teams to Score & Under 4.5 Goals’.
These are simple Both Teams To Score markets, but it doesn’t end here. If you’re looking for something more complicated, then you won’t be disappointed.
Both Teams to Score in Both Halves
This is where things start to get a little more complex. This market is where punters bet on both teams to score, not just in the match, but in both halves of the match. Much less likely, but far more rewarding. Typical odds for this bet are around the 10/1 mark but can be as high as 25/1. To profit, both teams need to score in the first half and then again in the second half. Not the most regular occurrence, but certainly not something that is outside of the realms of possibility.
Both Teams to Score in 1st Half
Again, does what it says on the tin. Punters can bet on whether both teams will score in the first half. A potentially lucrative bet, ‘BTTS in 1st Half’ is typically prices around the 4/1 mark, but can o occasion, be considerably bigger.
Both Teams to Score in 2nd Half
Much like its partner in crime above, ‘Both Teams to Score in 2nd Half’ allows punters to bet on whether both teams will bag during the second half of the game. Usually lower priced than BTTS in 1st half, but still a bet that can yield pleasing returns.
Both Teams to Score Two or More Goals
A bet tailormade for goal lovers. If you want to get behind goal-filed encounters and think you’re about to witness no shortage of goal-mouth action, then ‘Both Teams to Score Two or More Goals’ could be the answer. Depending on the fixture, a bet that often pays out at 5/1 is often well worth a few pennies for those looking to get on a goal-related bet.
Accumulators have become massively popular among the football betting community over the last decade or so, especially when it comes to casual punters. Because of the nature of the market, not requiring either team to win, week after week, thousands of hopeful bettors have a few pennies on an ambitious, yet entirely plausible, both teams to score accumulator.
If fun betting is your thing, then BTTS accumulators are for you. Part of the lure of this market is that as long as one team has scored as the game draws to a close, your bet remains alive, which isn’t exactly the case with result betting. Realistically, with only 5-10 minutes remaining, you can be waiting on three teams to score for your football accumulator to land and still be in with a chance. Similarly, even if a game is 0-0 with 20 minutes to go, there’s still hope for both teams to score bettors. This is one of the main reasons as to why both teams to score accumulators are so popular among UK punters.
BTTS Betting strategy
For most, BTTS betting will be a leisure activity, a bit of fun, a way of enhancing the score-trawling experience of a Saturday afternoon, or a way of enhancing the viewing of a televised match. However, there are those punters who prefer to take a more serious approach.
If you are interested in testing the waters in that sense, then there are some things to note. Here are some pointers, a few both teams to score betting tips if you will.
- Learn – Learn about betting in general and how to approach betting from a serious point of view. Read about those who have lots of experience, learn from such individuals. For example, take on board both teams to score and win tips. Harness the information that is available, of which there is a considerable amount, even if lots of it needs some uncovering. We’re living in an age where information is not in short supply for those who’re willing to look. Put the effort into learn and use what you learn to inform your both teams to score betting.
- Value – The much talked about word in betting circles. Learn what value is, learn how to identify if both teams to score odds represent value. Learn also how to exploit value. Bet only when value exists. It’s not just about identifying winners. Many a great form judge has fallen short of betting success because of an inability to identify value.
- BTTS form – This is open for debate but BTTS form, in that the record a particular team has of both scoring and conceding, is somewhat irrelevant when it comes to ‘Both Teams to Score’ betting. As daft as that may sound, there’s method to the madness. If a team has consistently scored and conceded in their games, then the price of ‘Both Teams to Score’ ahead of their next match is likely to be on the short side. 99 out of 100 times, the price in this case will be too low and thus representative of poor value. Avoid selections that have been over-bet because of obvious form.
- Useful form – If you are keen to keep things simple from a form point of view, then concern yourself more with how teams perform against certain types of opposition from both an attacking and defensive point of view. For instance, are they scoring against top 6 teams? Are they conceding against bottom six teams? It’s all very well saying that both teams scoring has occurred in 77% of a such and such’s matches, but this stat might not say that, ahead of a game against a top six side, they failed to score in four out of five against top six opposition. Also, factor in shot and chance creation data, which is often a far better indicator of how a team is performing both offensively and defensively.
Sign Up With UK's Leading BTTS Betting Bookmaker Today
- Claim Free Bet
- BTTS trailblazers with goals galore coupon
- Lots of markets
- BTTS accumulator insurance
Useful Betting Guides
Apart from BTTS betting we provide an expert betting guide on enhanced odds, ACCAs, best odds guaranteed and much more. To improve your chances to beat the bookies and help you to develop a winning strategy make sure you check out the following guides.
Since it’s emergence around a decade ago, the popularity both teams to score betting has gone through the roof. There can be very few casual bettors, especially in the UK, who at one time or another, haven’t been waiting on a final goal to land an ambitious accumulator, while BTTS bets often dominate the thinking of regular football punters. Given its popularity in the online football betting sphere, every bookmaker offers both teams to score options, though not all bookmakers do so in equal measure. We believe that we’ve found the top five both teams to score betting sites, so if you’re looking to get involved, then be sure to do so with one of our recommended operators.
Is BTTS betting available at every bookmaker?
Nowadays, you’ll be hard pushed to find a bookmaker that isn’t offering both teams to score odds. However, not every site has the same level of coverage. Some sites offer more both teams to score markets than others.
What returns can I generally expect from a both teams to score bet?
Naturally, this varies from game to game, though in general, particularly in the Football League, which among UK bettors is incredibly popular when it comes to BTTS betting, odds will be somewhere between 4/6 and 1/1. That said, much bigger odds of 6/4, even 2/1, are not unheard of. On the flipside, in games where a glut of goals seems unavoidable, the odds of both teams finding the net can be as low 4/9, or even 1/3.
Do both teams to score bets count in extra time?
Unfortunately, no. Both teams to score bets apply to 90 minutes only. You can bet on both teams to score in extra time, but that would be a separate bet. If you have backed BTTS and the game finishes 0-0, but ends up 1-1 during extra time, your original bet will be unsuccessful.
How often do both teams score?
This is an interesting question. If we take the Premier League as an example, in 2019/20 season, both teams scored in average of 48% of matches. During the 2018/19 campaign, the average stood at 51%. It varies from league to league and from country to country. For instance, while the average was at 48% in England’s top tier last season, in Serie A in Italy, both teams found the net 59% of the time. Meanwhile, in France’s top division, the BTTS average was 48%.