For those who enjoy TV talent shows, Britain’s Got Talent is likely to be something that you are already familiar with. Created by Simon Cowell back in 2007, the show is a firm favourite in the UK, with a variety of acts battling it out for the star prize. As with other popular culture and non-sporting events, Britain’s Got Talent betting sites are now big business. This page will outline some of the best BGT betting sites, as well as why this is an increasingly popular market.
Top 5 Bookmakers for BGT Betting in the UK
Here’s a snapshot overview of the top 5 online bookies for BGT betting of 2021:
- William Hill – Excellent odds on entertainment markets
- Paddy Power – Appealing odds for BGT markets
- Betfair – Excellent mobile app for iOS and Android users
- Betvictor – Range of entertainment betting markets
- Betfred – Variety of TV and entertainment-based markets
- 1 Top 5 Bookmakers for BGT Betting in the UK
- 2 Top 5 Britain’s Got Talent Betting Sites
- 3 1. William Hill: Bet £10 & Get £30
- 4 2. Paddy Power: £10 Risk Free Bet
- 5 3. Betfair: Up to £100 in Free Bets
- 6 4. BetVictor: Bet £5 Get £30
- 7 5. Betfred: Bet £10 Get £30 in Free Bets
- 8 How We Rank the Best Britain’s Got Talent/Non-Sport Betting Sites
- 9 Why Britain’s Got Talent is a Popular Market
- 10 What is Britain’s Got Talent?
- 11 How to Be Successful Betting on Britain’s Got Talent: Strategy & Tips
- 12 Our Recommended Bookmaker for Britain's Got Talent Bets
- 13 Britain’s Got Talent Betting Markets
- 14 Previous Winners
- 15 Bottom Line on Britain’s Got Talent Betting Sites
- 16 Britain’s Got Talent Betting Sites FAQs
Top 5 Britain’s Got Talent Betting Sites
1. William Hill: Bet £10 & Get £30
Having been founded back in 1934, William Hill is the most historic bookie in the world. However, they have moved with the times, with BGT being one of many non-sporting markets available. Markets surrounding the Emmys, Oscars and BBC Sports Personality of the Year awards are also found.
William Hill has an excellent reputation when it comes to betting odds, while their market coverage, including for non-sporting events, is second to none. Punters will also be pleased to hear that they offer some of the quickest withdrawals on the web today, which are also processed free of charge.
- Excellent odds on entertainment markets
- Hugely experienced and reliable
- Efficient on desktop and mobile
- Only accept Britain’s Got Talent bets on the outright winner
2. Paddy Power: £10 Risk Free Bet
Paddy Power offers markets surrounding Britain’s Got Talent and other popular TV shows, including Dancing on Ice and Strictly Come Dancing. Punters can bet on the winning act while markets surrounding who will reach the Grand Final are also available.
Paddy Power has a reputation when it comes to specials, however they are very reliable too. The bookie also delivers a host of promotions, not just their welcome offer. Existing customers can look forward to regular free bets, while the Paddy Power website is easy to use on both desktop and mobile.
- A large number of non-sporting betting markets
- Hugely entertaining betting site
- Appealing odds for BGT markets
- Only outright winner market for Britain’s Got Talent
3. Betfair: Up to £100 in Free Bets
With over two decades of experience, Betfair is another leading option when it comes to TV and entertainment markets. Odds on Britain’s Got Talent are introduced from the audition stage of the competition, while bets on Strictly Come Dancing, The Oscars and The Royal Family are also available.
The Betfair sportsbook design takes some time to get used to, however it is fully functional on a host of mobile devices too. Betfair also offers some of the best odds for non-sporting events, especially when it comes to backing an outsider.
- BGT one of a number of TV shows available to bet on
- Generous non-sporting odds
- Mobile app for iOS and Android users
- Sportsbook design takes time to adjust to
4. BetVictor: Bet £5 Get £30
BetVictor is one of the best-known bookies around today. Their betting site features a large number of sports markets, along with others from the world of entertainment and politics. Odds surrounding Britain’s Got Talent here are regularly among the best in the business.
While there are just a small number of ongoing promotions to speak of, punters can look forward to regular price boosts at BetVictor. For those looking for a simple and efficient Britain’s Got Talent betting site, BetVictor should certainly be considered too. BGT markets are offered well ahead of time too, meaning that punters have plenty of time to back their favourite.
- Range of entertainment betting markets
- Generous welcome bonus
- Hugely experienced bookie
- Only outright winner market for BGT
5. Betfred: Bet £10 Get £30 in Free Bets
TV shows, awards ceremonies and royalty betting markets can all be found at Betfred. The well-known bookie has an outstanding reputation when it comes to security and market coverage. Britain’s Got Talent fans can bet on the winner of the competition, as well as the BBC Sports Personality of the Year and Mercury Music Award.
The simplicity of the Betfred sportsbook site is very appealing too, while all of the necessary safety measures are in place. Meanwhile, Betfred is also known for their ongoing price boosts, meaning that their customers can take advantage of some excellent prices.
- Variety of TV and entertainment-based markets
- Ongoing price boosts
- Easy to use and secure betting site
- Small number of ongoing promotions
How We Rank the Best Britain’s Got Talent/Non-Sport Betting Sites
An increasing number of betting sites have realised the demand for non-sporting markets, making selecting the right platform no easy task. When recommending Britain’s Got Talent betting sites, we take into account the following factors:
- Safety – Before placing a bet online, it is a must that the bookie in question is safe and reliable. As with all of our recommended betting sites, the bookies listed on this page are all licensed in the UK, as well as being full of features which aid security.
- Markets – Looking to bet on Britain’s Got Talent and other TV shows? The best Britain’s Got Talent betting sites also cover Strictly Come Dancing, Dancing on Ice and major award ceremonies.
- Odds – Britain’s Got Talent betting sites should be rewarding to those who are successful. Odds should also be accurate and offer value.
- Promotions – While not necessarily being specific to Britain’s Got Talent, the best betting sites offer a host of promotions, including a generous welcome offer.
- Mobile – Watching the show and want to back your favourite to win Britain’s Got Talent after an impressive performance? Mobile betting should be convenient, with customers finding all of the same features when using their handheld device.
Why Britain’s Got Talent is a Popular Market
Millions now tune in on a weekly basis to watch Britain’s Got Talent, with the show having now been around for over a decade. Having amassed such a fan base, it should come as little surprise that a small proportion enjoy betting on their favourite acts. As contestants battle it out to win the prize of performing at the Royal Variety Show, punters are hoping to win big by backing the eventual winner. As is the case with other TV talent shows, including The X Factor and Strictly Come Dancing, some see this type of betting as more successful than sport, whether it be football betting or tennis, where results can sometimes be predictable. The format of Britain’s Got Talent also means that there are plenty of betting opportunities available, including betting on which act will make the Final.
What is Britain’s Got Talent?
Britain’s Got Talent is a talent-based television show that has taken place annually since back in 2007. Broadcast on ITV, the show was developed by Simon Cowell, who was also behind the likes of Pop Idol and The X Factor. The show has now reached other countries, with America’s Got Talent being hugely popular too. Different acts battle it out to make it through each stage, with the format of the competition being as follows:
Held over a number of months, the BGT auditions see people of all ages and talents take to the stage in the hope of impressing the panel of judges. Including singers, magicians, dancers, comedians and others, the auditions stage is the favourite for many fans, due to the mix of abilities on show. While bets cannot be placed at this point, some acts will receive a golden buzzer and make it through to the Final automatically.
Those who made it safely through their audition will be required to perform a new routine in front of the judges. Performed live, the semi-finals is the first stage in which the general public can vote, while bets can also be placed at Britain’s Got Talent betting sites. Betting markets include the next act to be eliminated and to receive the golden buzzer. A total of 10 acts will reach the Finals.
During the BGT Finals, decisions are made by the public alone, with judges only giving feedback on performances. Acts are whittled down to the final two, before the winner is declared. The winner collects £250,000 in prize money, as well as performing at the Royal Variety Performance later in the year. Markets here include the outright winner, what kind of act will win and who will make the final two.
How to Be Successful Betting on Britain’s Got Talent: Strategy & Tips
As with any form of betting, staking on Britain’s Got Talent is no easy task. Punters must come up with a strategy of their own. Strategies should take into account their budget and goals, while the following tips have been put in place to help you be as successful as possible:
- Social Media – Twitter and Facebook are platforms that often make it easy to see how the general public are reacting to acts. With the public having a major say on those who progress and potentially win the competition, this is an increasingly useful tool for punters. Hashtags including #britainsgottalent and #bgt are worth checking out.
- Odds – Be sure to check out odds comparison sites before staking on your favourite act. While prices can be only slightly different, this can have a major impact upon your potential winnings.
- Value – Britain’s Got Talent betting sites may not know as much as you do surrounding the competition. Having watched all acts, looked on social media and looked at available markets, value should be available to find.
- Watch – There is no better way to understand the acts than by watching the show for yourself. The reaction of both the crowd and the audience is a good indicator of their popularity.
- The Past – There is nothing to say that a dance act cannot win Britain’s Got Talent two years in a row. As a result, looking at past winners is almost pointless. Meanwhile, unlike sports markets, there are no useful statistics to consider.
Our Recommended Bookmaker for Britain's Got Talent Bets
- Claim Free Bet
- Excellent odds on entertainment markets
- Efficient on desktop and mobile
- Vastly experienced bookie
Britain’s Got Talent Betting Markets
Depending on which of the Britain’s Got Talent sports betting sites you choose to register with, a number of different markets will be available to punters. The following are among the most common and popular:
- Overall Winner
- To Reach the Semi Finals/Finals
- Type of Act
- To Finish in the Top 3
|2018||Lost Voice Guy||Comedian|
|2015||Jules O’Dwyer & Matisse||Dog Dancing|
|2012||Ashleigh & Pudsey||Dog Act|
Bottom Line on Britain’s Got Talent Betting Sites
Britain’s Got Talent is perhaps the biggest television show in the UK today. As a result, an increasing number of bookies accept bets on the acts involved, offering punters an appealing alternative to traditional sports markets. Betting on the show also makes viewing it more exciting, while the potential rewards are often great too.
Britain’s Got Talent Betting Sites FAQs
What type of bets can be placed on Britain’s Got Talent?
The most common bet type is staking on which act will win the entire competition. However, additional markets are also available, based on the semi-finals, top 3 and specials.
Is betting on Britain’s Got Talent legal?
This depends on the gambling laws where you live. However, bookies that are licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission are legally allowed to provide BGT markets.
What other non-sporting markets are available online?
Bets can be placed on Strictly Come Dancing, Dancing on Ice, BBC Sports Personality of the Year, The Oscars, The Emmys and other popular television shows/awards ceremonies.
Can I bet on Britain’s Got Talent on mobile?
Yes! Bookies that offer BGT markets make it easy for bets to be placed using mobile devices.
When can Britain’s Got Talent bets be placed?
Britain’s Got Talent markets generally appear in April or May, while others will be available after the opening episode of the year is shown.