While not enjoying the same popularity as some other sports, the skill, strategy and concentration involved in snooker adds to its popularity. The number of snooker betting sites has increased as a result, covering tournaments from around the world.
On this page, we will outline our favourite snooker betting sites, before explaining how we have ranked such bookies. Readers will also gain an understanding of how snooker betting odds and markets work. As well as this, some important snooker betting tips are on offer.
- 1 Top 10 Snooker Online Bookmakers in UK
- 2 Our Recommended Snooker Betting Sites
- 3 How We Rank the Best Snooker Betting Sites
- 4 Most Popular Snooker Betting Markets
- 5 How to Succeed in Snooker Betting: Strategy & Tips
- 6 Live Snooker Betting
- 7 Leading Snooker Events/Tournaments
- 8 Snooker Betting Bottom Line
- 9 FAQ’s
Top 10 Snooker Online Bookmakers in UK
Here’s a snapshot overview of the top 10 snooker bookmakers of 2021.
- 888Sport – Excellent snooker market coverage
- 10BET – Snooker stats and results easily accessible
- Betfred – Sponsors of the Snooker World Championship
- Paddy Power – Live snooker streaming available
- Coral – In depth live snooker markets
- Unibet – Useful snooker statistics and live score feature adds to user experience
- William Hill – Both snooker and pool markets available
- Ladbrokes – World Seniors Challenge snooker markets available
- BetVictor – Large number of pre-match and in-play snooker markets
- NetBet – Appealing odds on outright tournament winner markets
Our Recommended Snooker Betting Sites
- Claim Free Bet
- Live snooker streaming available
- Generous welcome offer
- Snooker stats and results easily accessible
- Excellent snooker market coverage
- Snooker-specific promotions available
- Competitive odds
- Sponsors of the Snooker World Championship
- Outright snooker markets added months in advance
- Regularly offers market leading snooker prices
- Live snooker streaming available
- Plenty of snooker specials
- Excellent mobile betting app available
- In depth live snooker markets
- Live snooker streaming on desktop and mobile
- Variety of free bet offers available
- Covers snooker tournaments from around the world
- Live snooker streaming available
- Useful statistics and live score feature adds to user experience
- Vast industry experience
- Both snooker and pool markets available
- Live snooker streaming
- Daily odds boosts
- World Seniors Challenge snooker markets available
- Live streaming on desktop and mobile
- Large number of pre-match and in-play snooker markets
- Snooker World Championship betting specials available
- Easy to use sportsbook site
- Daily snooker and pool markets
- Appealing odds on outright tournament winner markets
- Useful stats surrounding snooker players
How We Rank the Best Snooker Betting Sites
In order to separate the best snooker betting sites from the rest, our experts consider a number of factors. Safety is the No.1 priority as always. All of the snooker betting sites listed on this page are 100% reliable and secure. However a number of additional points help to attract customers too, including the following:
- Safety – We cannot overemphasis just how important it is to be safe when betting online. All of the snooker betting sites found on this page are safe on desktop and mobile. Encryption, firewalls and secure payment methods help, while they are all licensed in the UK.
- Markets – Snooker fans should be able to back their favourite players with a host of bet types. Whether it be match winner, century break or to win the first frame, snooker betting sites offer an increasing number of markets.
- Odds – The prices found on snooker betting sites will impact how much punters make when placing successful bets. The bookies found on this page all offer appealing odds, with comparison platforms making it easy for punters to find the best performing snooker betting sites.
- Live Streaming – Watching snooker matches live undoubtedly enhances the betting experience. Coming with commentary in many cases, live streaming is especially important when it comes to live betting.
- Promotions – Including welcome bonuses, free bets, price boosts and accumulator insurance, promotions can help punters in making the most out of their time on snooker betting sites.
- Support – Customer support should help to put punters minds at ease. Accessible via telephone, email and live chat in most cases, assistance from members of staff is available 24/7 at the best snooker betting sites
Most Popular Snooker Betting Markets
As the game grows in popularity, the number of available snooker betting markets increases too. On the best snooker betting sites, the following markets are likely to be found:
- Match Winner – The most common market is to simply stake on which player will come out on top in a snooker match. This is determined by the player who reaches the desired number of frames first, with odds depending on form, world ranking and head to head stats, among other factors.
- Frame Betting – A snooker match is made up by a series of frames, with the total amount depending on both the format of the event and how competitive the players are. Punters will most likely be able to bet on the winner of individual frames, as well as potentially the first to reach a set number of frames.
- Highest Break – A break in snooker is the number of cumulative points scored by a player without missing. A break can range anywhere between 1-147, with many snooker betting sites allowing punters to bet on which player will score the highest break during a match or an individual frame.
- Winning Margin – Ahead of a snooker match, there will likely be a favourite and an underdog. For times when this is the case, betting on the margin of victory is a good way of enhancing the odds. Winning margins can be anywhere from 1-11 frames, again depending on the format of the match.
- To Score a Century Break – A century break in snooker guarantees the frame win for the scorer. As such, betting on the possibility of a century break being scored in a particular frame is a popular option for many punters.
- 147 Break – Similar to a 9-dart finish in darts or a hole in one in golf, a 147 break is the pinnacle for any snooker player. Here, the player pots the black after every red, before clearing the rest of the colours on the table. The fact that this does not happen very often makes betting on it very appealing, due to the odds found on snooker betting sites.
- Player Specials – Do you want to bet on the country in which the winner of a snooker tournament will come from or a particular player to win the next World Championship? Snooker specials are perfect for such punters.
How to Succeed in Snooker Betting: Strategy & Tips
Whether you consider yourself a snooker expert or are new to the sport, it is important that you have a strategy when backing your favourite players. As a result, we have put together these expert snooker betting tips, perfect for maximising your chances of beating the bookies:
Understand the Game
For some, snooker may be something of an unknown quantity. As such, it is vital that punters understand the format and rules of the game before placing bets. Whether it be how much each ball is worth on the table or how costly a foul shot is, there are a number of useful platforms available today, while an increasing number of matches are broadcast both online and on television.
Research the Players
Having grasped how the game of snooker works, it is a must that punters get to know the players involved. Pay attention to their playing style, track record, injuries and age, with all potentially having an impact upon their results. Many snooker betting sites make this an easy task by providing useful stats and facts.
Be sure to check out the number of frames involved in an upcoming match, as well as the format of the overall event. Such details may well effect your betting strategy, with there being nothing worse than being surprised by an unexpected outcome, simply because you have failed to understand an important detail.
Live Snooker Betting
The nature of snooker means that live betting is a popular option for many fans of the sport. An increasing number of snooker betting sites now deliver in-play markets, where punters can place bets even after the opening break has been made. So, whether you are looking to bet on Ronnie O’Sullivan producing an unlikely comeback or Judd Trump to win a deciding frame, in-play snooker markets are now more detailed than ever. In-play markets are accompanied by live streaming in many cases too, with the following snooker betting sites being among the leading bookies in this area:
|Snooker Betting Site||Live Streaming Qualifying Criteria||Go to site|
|Bet365||Funded sports account or having placed a bet of £0.01+ in the last 24 hours||Watch Live Snooker Now|
|Coral||Minimum bet of £1||Watch Live Snooker Now|
|William Hill||Minimum bet of £1||Watch Live Snooker Now|
|Paddy Power||Minimum bet of £1 or funded sports account||Watch Live Snooker Now|
|Betway||Positive account balance||Watch Live Snooker Now|
Leading Snooker Events/Tournaments
World Snooker Championships
As the longest running snooker tournament in the world, the World Snooker Championships is seen as the pinnacle of the game for most players. It is also the first of the triple crown, having initially been staged back in 1927. Since 1977, its home has been the famous Crucible Theatre in Sheffield. The tournament takes place annually in May, with prize money totalling £1.5 million. Scottish legend Stephen Hendry has a record 7 wins to his name. The top 16 players in the world rankings automatically qualify, with the 124 others having to qualify. In 2020, Ronnie O’Sullivan defeated compatriot Kyren Wilson 18-8 to lift the famous trophy.
Also held in high regard, the UK Championship is the second of snooker’s triple crown. Held at the Barbican Centre in York since 1977, the tournament features 128 of the world’s top players, who battle it out for a share of the £1 million prize fund. Both Steve Davis and Ronnie O’Sullivan have 6 UK Championship wins to their name, with Chinese star Ding Junhui having won last time out in 2019.
The third of the triple crown is the invitation only Masters. The non-ranking event takes place at Alexandra Palace in London, offering a total prize pool of £600,000. Featuring the world’s top 16 players, Masters snooker is undoubtedly one of the events of the year. Ronnie O’Sullivan holds the record for the most number of wins here, with 7 titles to his name.
Snooker Betting Bottom Line
You should not have a much better understanding of how betting on snooker works, as well as the best bookies catering for punters in this area. All of the snooker betting sites recommended on this page are safe and jam-packed with markets and features. However, if snooker betting is not quite up your street, then be sure to check out our football, rugby or tennis guides.
Is snooker betting safe?
Generally speaking, yes. However, punters must ensure that they place snooker bets on sites that are licensed and regulated in the UK. So, we recommend selecting one of the snooker betting sites listed on this page.
Is it legal to bet on snooker matches?
There is nothing in the snooker regulations to stop bets being placed, while it is also legal under the rules from the UK Gambling Commission.
Which countries is snooker most popular in?
Snooker originates from the UK, with the majority of the top players coming from here too. However, regions including Asia and Australia are also starting to enjoy the game.
Can I sign-up on more than one snooker betting site?
Absolutely! It is often worth signing up on different snooker betting sites. Doing so means that you can take advantage of the best markets and odds around. Bookies also offer bonuses and promotions to those signing up.
Which is the best snooker betting site?
We have recommended a number of snooker betting sites on this page, with each coming with its own benefits. So, be sure to sign up on the one which best suits your needs. Factors including safety, markets, odds, bonuses and support should be considered.