Despite having formally been a traditional pub game, darts is now a leading professional sport. Events take place throughout the year, attracting huge audiences, as well as betting customers. As a result, darts betting sites are increasingly common too. Such platforms give punters the chance to bet on tournaments such as the PDC World Championship and Premier League.
So, whether you have long been a fan of the sport or are looking to get in on the action for the first time, this page will outline the best darts betting sites. As well as this, we will explain how darts betting odds work and what our expert darts betting tips are. Let’s dive straight in, with the following being our top 5 darts betting sites.
Top 5 darts betting sites of 2021
Here’s a snapshot overview of the top 5 bookmakers for betting on darts in the UK.
- 888Sport – Dedicated mobile betting app for iOS and Android users
- Bet365 – All major darts tournaments covered
- Coral – Darts live streaming available
- William Hill – Large number of darts betting markets available
- Paddy Power – Easy to use sportsbook on desktop and mobile
- 1 Top 5 darts betting sites of 2021
- 2 Our Recommended Sportsbook For Darts Bets
- 3 Top 5 Darts Betting Sites
- 4 How We Rank Darts Betting Sites
- 5 Popular Darts Betting Markets
- 6 How to Succeed in Darts Betting: Strategy & Tips
- 7 Leading Darts Leagues & Tournaments
- 8 Licensed & Regulated Darts Betting Sites
- 9 Darts Betting Sites Bottom Line
- 10 Our Recommended Sportsbook For Darts Bets
- 11 Darts Betting Sites FAQ
Our Recommended Sportsbook For Darts Bets
- Claim Free Bet
Top 5 Darts Betting Sites
1. 888Sport: Best Betting Site for Mobile Betting (Bet £10 Get £30 in Free Bets)
Darts betting punters should also check out 888Sport, with the bookie covering all leading tournaments, as well as some less high-profile events. Available darts markets include match winner, highest checkout, most 180’s, correct score and 9 dart finish in match.
Customers can also place long-term outright bets on the winner of major tournaments, with such markets coming with hugely appealing odds. Live streams of darts matches are available on an almost daily basis, with this feature being accessible on desktop and mobile. Darts is one of 40+ sports markets found on their site, with odds at 888Sport generally being among the best found online.
- Leading darts betting odds
- Live streaming available on darts matches
- Dedicated mobile betting app for iOS and Android users
- 40+ sports markets available
- Website requires modernising
2. Bet365: Best Betting Site for Live Streaming (Up to £100 in Bet Credits)
Darts is a sport that is taken very seriously at Bet365. Punters here can look forward to a generous sign up offer, along with a host of ongoing promotions. Popular darts betting markets include correct score, total legs, most 180’s and handicap 2-way. Darts matches also regularly feature on the bookmaker’s live streaming service, even coming with commentary.
On top of this, virtual darts markets are found daily, delivering an appealing alternative to punters in the process. A dedicated mobile app makes betting on the move an easy process, while cash out is also available on the majority of darts markets. Bet365 is known as the world’s leading betting site, with darts being one of 30+ available sports.
- Mobile betting app available
- 24/7 support via live chat
- All major darts tournaments covered
- Daily live streaming of darts matches
- Odds on leading darts players can be disappointing
3. Coral: Best Betting Site for Odds (Bet £5 Get £20 in Free Bets)
Coral has long been one of the best darts betting sites available to punters. Markets in this area are broken down into categories including Today, Tomorrow and Future, allowing customers to plan their bets in advance. Pre-match, in-play and outright darts bets can be placed, with popular markets including correct score, race to 3 legs and match winner.
Darts is one of 35+ sports markets available at Coral, with their odds regularly being among the most competitive. Coral also has a good reputation thanks to their free bet offers, while darts-specific promotions crop up from time to time also. Darts matches can be watched on their live streaming service, which is also accessible on their efficient mobile app.
- 35+ sports markets on offer
- Darts live streaming available
- Variety of free bet offers
- Mobile app for iOS and Android users
- Sportsbook overloaded with information at times
4. William Hill: Best Betting Site for Free Bets (Bet £10 Get £30)
Whether it be on desktop or mobile, darts betting markets feature heavily at William Hill. In fact, tournaments ranging from the PDC World Darts Championship to the less popular Czech Darts Premier League can be bet on during the season. Darts live streaming is available too, with many streams being accompanied by commentary.
With £30 worth of free bets being up for grabs for new customers, William Hill has an excellent reputation, which has been developed over almost 90 years. Available darts markets here include total legs, correct score and highest checkout, with markets increasing after the opening dart has been thrown.
- Large number of darts betting markets available
- Many matches can be streamed live
- Generous free bet welcome offer
- Cash out feature on majority of markets
- Small number of ongoing promotions
5. Paddy Power: Best Betting Site for Specials (£10 Risk Free Bet)
Paddy Power covers hundreds of darts tournaments during the year, ranging from the UK Open to the Modus Icons Live League. Live streaming is generally available, with markets being broken down into popular, in-play, tournaments and specials categories.
The “Whatoddspaddy” feature means that punters can create their own bets too. Darts markets include leg handicap, player 1 total 180’s and 9 dart finish, with the cash out feature being available on many. Paddy Power is well-known for their specials, with darts tournaments often qualifying. As a result, punters here will regularly receive money-back when placing unsuccessful bets.
- Darts live streaming available
- 30+ sports covered
- £10 risk free bet for new customers
- Easy to use sportsbook on desktop and mobile
- Odds could be improved upon
How We Rank Darts Betting Sites
When separating the best darts betting sites from the rest, a number of factors are taken into account. With that being said, the following are among the most important:
- Safety – As always, the number one priority for any betting site is its safe betting. Key measures such as encryption technology and secure payment methods must be in place. On top of this, darts betting sites must be licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission.
- Markets – Punters today need to be able to place bets on a variety of darts markets. Popular markets here include match winner, most 180’s, total legs and double result.
- Live Streaming – Many darts betting sites now offer live streaming. This means that punters can watch darts matches as they unfold. This adds to the excitement, as well as enhances the opportunity of placing successful in-play bets.
- Odds – No matter which players and markets you are looking to back, odds should be appealing. Be sure to check out odds comparison platforms in order to view which darts betting sites are the most generous in this area.
- Promotions – Most betting sites today offer some form of welcome bonus. However, specific promotions surrounding darts are also available now and then. Such offers can increase the chances of ultimately withdrawing winnings.
- Mobile – Darts bets must be available on mobile devices, whether it be using your internet browser or a dedicated app. The best darts betting apps work hard to ensure that they perform well here too.
- Support – Ideally, support should be available via telephone, email and live chat. On top of this, punters should be able to communicate with agents 24/7, with darts matches often going late into the night.
Popular Darts Betting Markets
A large number of darts betting markets are available to players today. With that being said, the following are among the most popular at darts betting sites at present:
- Match Winner – Popular due to its simplicity, punters here must simply bet on which player they believe will win an individual darts match. There is no draw option, as found in other sports.
- Most 180’s – Three consecutive treble 20 darts will result in a score of 180, which always gets the crowd going. Many darts betting sites offer the chance for punters to stake on which player will hit the most 180’s in a match.
- Highest Checkout – In order to win a leg, players must finish on a double or the bullseye. This is known as a checkout, with punters also being able to bet on which player will register the highest.
- Correct Leg Score – Darts matches are played over a series of legs. As such, punters today can bet on the exact score upon their completion. Options include 5-0, 5-2 or 5-4, however this will depend on the format of the tournament itself. Odds here are very appealing, however this is a risky type of bet.
- Double Result – Here, punters are betting on the score after a certain number of legs, as well as the final outcome.
- 9 Dart Finish in Match – Up there with a 147 in snooker, a 9 dart finish is the pinnacle for any player. This is when just 9 darts are required to checkout from 501. While unlikely, a number of players have achieved this over the years, making it an appealing market for punters.
How to Succeed in Darts Betting: Strategy & Tips
Before placing your first darts bet, punters must ensure that they develop a betting strategy. In doing so, taking on board our expert darts betting tips will give you the best possible chance of beating the bookies.
Firstly, punters must understand the different types of darts tournaments that take place today. Events come with different formats and rules, whether it be the number of legs and sets or how players qualify in the first place. Ensuring that you are up to date with the rules will mean that you avoid any nasty surprises along the way.
Meanwhile, be sure to stick to what you know too. If you are familiar with the best players in darts today, then it is wise to bet on the top tournaments. Betting on players in which you have little knowledge of is a quickfire way to losing money.
Finally, be sure to take advantage of live streaming where possible, with live darts betting being aided by this feature. Punters can gain a much clearer picture of what the eventual result may be by doing so. The motivation, form and consistency of players will likely impact the outcome.
Leading Darts Leagues & Tournaments
Nowadays, rarely does a week go by when there is not a darts event to look forward to. However, there are certainly some tournaments which are marked into the calendar early on. The following are among the most popular darts competitions running today:
PDC World Darts Championship
Founded in 1994, the World Darts Championship takes place in December/January annually. Staged at Alexandra Palace in London, the likes of Phil Taylor, Michael van Gerwen and Peter Wright have come out on top over the years. The best players in the world gather in the hope of lifting the famous Sid Waddell Trophy.
Premier League Darts
Taking place between February and March each year, the Premier League of Darts was launched in 2005. Matches are hosted in venues in the UK, Ireland, Germany and Holland. Those competing are chosen based on the PDC Order of Merit, along with six wildcard entrants.
A total of 160 players battle it out for the UK Open title. The open tournament format sees the top 32 players in the world enter in the fourth round, with a prize fund of £100,000 attracting major interest.
Grand Slam of Darts
Around since 2007, the Grand Slam of Darts is another event from the PDC. Taking place in Wolverhampton, England, Welsh star Gerwyn Price came out on top in both 2018 and 2019, with the winner now receiving a significant £550,000.
Licensed & Regulated Darts Betting Sites
Before looking at the markets, bonuses and features offered by darts betting sites, our experts ensure that bookies are 100% safe. This involves looking at their gambling license, security measures and other regulations. As such, punters can rest assured that the darts betting sites listed on this page are nothing but reliable and trustworthy. This means that potential customers can concentrate 100% on darts betting odds and darts betting tips, which will help them in being as successful as possible.
Darts Betting Sites Bottom Line
Darts has transformed into one of the most popular betting sports around, with a large number of bookmakers now catering for the needs of fans. Whether you are looking to bet on Michael van Gerwen to beat Michael Smith at Alexandra Palace or Peter Wright to win the World Championships, the darts betting sites listed on this page are well worth checking out.
Our Recommended Sportsbook For Darts Bets
- Claim Free Bet
Darts Betting Sites FAQ
What are the most popular darts betting markets?
Popular darts betting markets include match winner, most 180’s, total legs, highest checkout and 9 dart finish in match. However, there are an increasing number of additional markets available to punters too.
Which is the best darts betting site?
We have suggested five darts betting sites on this page, however the leading option for you will be the one which best meets your demands. Factors including safety, markets, odds and promotions are worth considering before signing up.
Can I place bets on darts matches using my mobile?
Yes! Darts betting markets are available on many mobile betting sites, while some bookies also offer dedicated betting apps.
Is live streaming available at darts betting sites?
Yes. Darts matches can be watched live with many betting sites today. Streams are available on both desktop or mobile, with a small stake likely to be required to gain access.