Whether it be Union or League, rugby is now one of the most popular sports in the world. Games attract the interest of both fans and punters alike. As such, it comes as little surprise that the number of rugby betting sites available has increased significantly. Today, many of the leading online bookies cater for customers in this area.
Rugby is known as being one of the most physically demanding sports around today. Rugby is played in different formats in hundreds of countries, with the Northern and Southern hemispheres tending to dominate. It does not matter whether you are looking to bet on the World Cup, Six Nations, English Premiership or the Super League. This page has been designed to deliver the top rugby betting sites.
Top 10 Rugby Betting Sites of 2021
Here’s a snapshot overview of the top 10 online bookmakers for rugby bets this year
- 888Sport – Fantastic rugby betting odds
- Bet365 – Generous welcome offer and ongoing rugby promotions
- Ladbrokes – Rugby live streaming available on desktop and mobile
- NetBet – Cash out feature on majority of markets
- 10Bet – Easy to use website on desktop and mobile
- William Hill – Enhanced odds on rugby matches
- Paddy Power – Outright bets on major rugby tournaments available
- Coral – Large number of free bet and best odds guaranteed offers
- Betfair – Both sportsbook and betting exchange available
- Betway – Rugby betting tips available
Top 10 Rugby Betting Sites
1. 888Sport: Best Betting Site for Odds (Bet £10 Get £30 in Free Bets)
Since its launch in 2008, 888Sport has been one of the leading online bookies. Their rugby coverage is excellent also. Perhaps their biggest selling point is the odds on offer, which are especially appealing when it comes to betting on outright rugby markets, such as the winner of the next World Cup.
A good number of ongoing promotions are available, including free bets and price boosts, while live streaming means that punters can watch a large number of rugby games throughout the season.
- Fantastic rugby betting odds
- Supports PayPal banking
- Dedicated mobile betting app for iOS and Android users
- 40+ rugby markets for upcoming games
- Website a little outdated
2. Bet365: Best Betting Site for Live Streaming (Up to £100 in Bet Credits)
Bet365 is an excellent option for rugby fans, with competitions such as the English Premiership, Six Nations, Super League and World Cup featuring heavily. Many games are available to watch on their live streaming service. Both pre-match and in-play markets are available, while outright bets on the winner of tournaments can also be placed.
Rugby betting odds at Bet365 are also among the most competitive around, while cash out and ongoing promotions are readily available too. Both Union and League markets are found daily throughout the season, with bets being available to place on the bookmaker’s efficient mobiles app too.
- Generous welcome offer and ongoing promotions
- 24/7 support
- Mobile app for iOS and Android users
- Live streaming of rugby games
- Some negative feedback surrounding limiting customers
3. Ladbrokes: Best Betting Site for Promotions (Bet £5 Get £20 in Free Bets)
Rugby Union and League are also covered in great detail at Ladbrokes. Both pre-match, in-play, outright and specials markets are available to punters here. Ladbrokes also has a good reputation when it comes to promotions, with their free bet welcome offer being accompanied by daily price boosts and additional offers.
Live streaming of rugby matches is also available here, while odds at Ladbrokes are regularly among the best in the industry. Popular rugby bet types here include winning margin, first tryscorer and highest scoring half, while a host of handicap markets are available too.
- Rugby live streaming available on desktop and mobile
- Leading rugby betting odds
- Host of ongoing promotions
- 40+ sports markets available
- Limited Rugby League markets
4. NetBet: Best Betting Site for Free Bets (£30 in Free Bets & Spins)
With vast experience in the industry, NetBet covers all major Rugby Union and League matches. In fact, around 30 markets are available to punters. A generous welcome offer is available to new customers, while those already registered can regularly claim free bets along the way too.
Pre-match and in-play rugby markets are available almost daily at NetBet. Meanwhile, NetBet TV means that punters can watch matches from different competitions too. Bets here include first tryscorer, total tries, total team points and winning margin, demonstrating just how seriously rugby is taken by the bookie.
- Live streaming available
- Excellent rugby coverage
- A number of free bet offers available
- Cash out feature on majority of markets
- Strict bonus terms
5. 10Bet: Best Betting Site for Mobile Betting (£50 Welcome Bonus)
10Bet is a bookie covering domestic and international games surrounding both Rugby Union and League, with pre-match, in-play and outright markets being available. Games come with 30+ bet types in most cases, including 1×2, team with most converted tries and over/under points.
Some games are available to watch through the 10Bet live streaming service, while odds here are also above average. A betting app is available to customers here too, with the bookmaker’s reputation having been enhanced by a number of major sponsorship deals in the sporting world.
- Excellent live betting platform
- Live streaming available
- Generous welcome bonus
- Easy to use website on desktop and mobile
- Withdrawals can be slow
6. William Hill: Best Betting Site for Enhanced Odds (Bet £10 Get £30 in Free Bets)
As the oldest and most experienced bookmaker in the world, it perhaps comes as little surprise that rugby features heavily at William Hill. Generous odds, live streaming and excellent market coverage helps to attract customers on a daily basis, making it one of the top rugby betting sites. Meanwhile, on top of their generous welcome offer, enhanced odds on rugby games are also available regularly, making betting on Union and League all the more appealing.
Elsewhere, punters at William Hill can take advantage of a useful tip service, which offers useful details surrounding upcoming events. William Hill also has an excellent reputation when it comes to safety, while support is available 24/7 too.
- Live streaming available
- Market leading odds found regularly
- Enhanced odds on rugby matches
- Mobile app for iOS and Android users
- Small number of ongoing promotions
7. Paddy Power: Best for Money Back Specials (Risk Free £10 Bet)
Known as the home of the money back special, Paddy Power is one of the best rugby betting sites in the industry today. Rugby fans are well catered for here too. Cash out is available on many rugby markets, with popular options including winning margin, first scoring play, head to head and over/under points.
Paddy Power delivers an excellent live betting platform too, with Union and League matches regularly featuring. Meanwhile, price boosts are available regularly surrounding many sports, including rugby, meaning that some significant winnings can be earned.
- 30+ sports available to bet on
- Large number of ongoing promotions
- Outright bets on major rugby tournaments available
- Easy to use and efficient betting site on desktop and mobile
- Live streaming only on horse racing
8. Coral: Best Betting Site for Stats & Tips (Bet £5 Get £20 in Free Bets)
Coral is one of the most entertaining sportsbooks available to punters today, with £20 worth of free bets welcoming new customers nicely. Rugby is a sport which features almost daily on their site, with plenty of specials being available throughout the season too. Union, League and even Sevens matches can be bet on at Coral, with hugely useful statistics and tips being on offer to punters, enhancing your chances of being successful.
- Generous welcome offer
- Large number of free bet and best odds guaranteed offers
- Excellent sportsbook for virtual betting
- Live streaming available
- Welcome free bets paid out in x4 £5 tokens
9. Betfair: Best Betting Site for Handicaps (Bet £20 Get £5 Free Bet)
Betfair offer rugby betting opportunities on both their sportsbook and betting exchange. Matches from the English Premiership, Pro 14 and Lions Tour are among the the featured markets found on their site. Handicap betting markets are available on all matches, including alternative 2-way options and first half options.
Punters can also look forward to taking advantage of specials on televised rugby games, making Betfair even more appealing as a rugby betting site.
- Both sportsbook and betting exchange available
- Variety of rugby specials on offer
- Live streaming available
- Appealing odds across all sports
- Website can be difficult to use
10. Betway: Best Betting Sites for Price Boosts (Get up to £30 in Free Bets)
Founded in 2006, Betway has long been one of the most respected betting sites available to punters. Rugby is one of 30+ markets on offer to sports betting customers. Both Union and League matches are found, with price boosts regularly being introduced by the bookmaker.
The Betway Free Bet Club means that punters can claim £10 in free bets weekly, with features such as live streaming and cash out being easily accessible on both desktop and mobile.
- Ongoing rugby price boosts
- Free Bet Club
- Mobile app for iOS and Android users
- Rugby betting tips available
- Low monthly withdrawal limit
How We Rank Rugby Betting Sites
Safety, Markets, Odds & Live Streaming
- Safety – As with any recommended platform on our pages, rugby betting sites must first and foremost be safe environments for punters. This means that they are fully licensed and regulated, whilst also having the necessary security measures in place.
- Markets – The best rugby betting sites will offer a variety of appealing markets, which come from both leading leagues and competitions and less high-profile events. Popular markets include 1×2, total points, half time/full time and last team to score.
- Live Streaming – This feature gives punters the chance to watch rugby matches live on their desktop or mobile device. This certainly adds to the excitement of the betting process. Some streams will come with commentary too.
- Odds – The prices offered on rugby markets will ultimately determine how much punters will earn when placing successful bets. As such, the sites listed on this page all score highly when it comes to rugby betting odds.
Promotions, Mobile, Features & Support
- Offers – Whether it be a generic promotion or a rugby-specific offer, punters should be in a position to regularly receive a helping hand from bookies. Promotions include acca insurance and double delight try scorers.
- Mobile – Rugby fans must be able to place bets on their favourite teams and players using their mobile device. All of the relevant markets and features should be on offer too. Many of the leading operators today offer a dedicated betting app, where rugby features heavily.
- Additional Features – Cash out is one of the features demanded by punters today, allowing users to settle bets before their completion. A host of other additional features will also make the experience all the more enjoyable for punters.
- Support – While the quality of top rugby betting sites means that support should not be needed on a regular basis, it is always nice to know that it is there. Whether it be via live chat, email or telephone, support should be available 24/7, with response times being good too.
Popular Rugby Betting Markets
The number of bet types surrounding rugby is increasing rapidly. However there are undoubtedly some markets that stand out from the crowd. With that being said, the following are the most popular rugby betting markets available with online bookies today:
Popular because of its simplicity, here punters bet on which team they believe will win a game of rugby. The three options available are home win, draw or away win, with there generally being a favourite and an underdog, which will be reflected by the odds on offer at rugby betting sites.
Half Time/Full Time
This option effectively breaks games down into two halves. Here, punters are able to bet on the outcome of both. As such, there are a total of nine available picks, These include win/win, win/draw, win/loss, draw/win, draw/draw, draw/loss, loss/win, loss/draw and loss/loss.
Betting on the number of points scored during a game of rugby is another appealing option for punters, whether it be over or under a set amount or within a specific range, ie 40-50.
Tries can be scored in rugby from any position on the pitch, meaning that no matter who the favourites and underdogs are, betting on who will score either the first and last try of a game is another popular market.
Available with many bookies, punters can also bet on the winning margin of a team, whether it be between 1-5 points or a heavy win by 41+. Alternatively, some rugby betting sites make it possible for their customers to bet on the exact winning margin, which unsurprisingly comes with hugely appealing odds, due to the fact that it is difficult to predict.
How to Succeed in Rugby Betting: Strategy & Tips
Whether it be Rugby Union betting or Rugby League betting in which you favour, it is important to come up with some form of strategy before staking for the first time. As such, our experts have come up with some useful rugby betting tips, designed to give punters the best possible chance of being successful.
The first thing to consider is your budget, with it always being advised to stick to a set amount, no matter whether you are on a winning streak or looking to cut your losses. This should be a small proportion of your disposable income. Deposit limits at rugby betting sites help to ensure that this is maintained.
Learn the Rules
Meanwhile, no matter how much of an expert you are on the sport of rugby, it is important that you fully understand the rules involved, including the difference between Union and League. Doing so will ensure that there are no nasty surprises along the way, which could well impact your bets. Rules can differ when it comes to high tackles and grounding of tries, among other things.
On a similar note, we recommend sticking to a small number of leagues and tournaments when it comes to rugby betting. For example, if you regularly follow action from the Northern Hemisphere, then placing bets on the English Premiership, European Cup or Six Nations is advised. Those who fail to stick to what they know are likely to quickly come unstuck.
Do Your Homework
Finally, do your homework! Rugby is a sport that brings about a variety of playing styles, with some teams favouring a kicking game, while others will look to run from their own try line. Such points can undoubtedly effect bets, while head to head records, recent form, player availability and motivation for victory should also come into play. With the number of rugby platforms available at the click of a button today, there is no excuse to fail in this area.
Leading Rugby Leagues & Tournaments
Whether it be Union or League, there are certain leagues and tournaments which attract the attention of fans and punters more than others. Let’s take a closer look at some of the events worth looking out for:
Taking place every four years in both Union and League, the World Cup is the pinnacle of the sport, with the likes of New Zealand, Australia and England regularly making it to the latter stages. England will host the next Rugby League World Cup in 2021, while France is the stage for the 2023 Rugby Union World Cup.
Staged annually, the six nations is an international Rugby Union tournament featuring England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, France and Italy. Wales currently have the most successes in the tournament’s history.
Featuring the 12 best English Rugby Union club teams, the Premiership is the highest domestic league in England, with Saracens having dominated over recent years, before their relegation in 2020 due to a points deduction.
Another popular international Rugby Union event is the Rugby Championship, which brings together New Zealand, Australia, South Africa and Argentina. Taking place annually, these are the four leading nations in the Southern hemisphere.
The Super League is the leading Rugby League club competition in the northern hemisphere, being made up of 10 English teams and a single French side. The likes of St Helens and Leeds are among the most successful teams here.
Licensed & Regulated Rugby Betting Sites
As with all betting sites recommended at Safebettingsites, safety is paramount, with all rugby bookies listed on this page being fully licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission, meaning that they have undergone and passed strict testing.
As such, punters should have no concerns when operating on any one of them, with features including encryption technology and firewalls helping to fend off fraudsters and hackers.
Our rugby betting sites comparison page has demonstrated that there are a number of appealing bookies catering for punters in this area. All of our recommended operators being safe, as well as providing a variety of markets. Rugby is growing rapidly, with its popularity being clear across the globe. Rugby betting sites are only set to go from strength to strength too. So, be sure to check out the sites found on this page, taking into account their markets, odds and promotions, before potentially signing up and backing your favourite teams.
Sports Betting Guides
If you are interested in betting online on other sports you can do so with a variety of options. Learn the ropes of betting and improve your skillset with our comprehensive betting strategy guidelines.
I am new to rugby. Where can I learn about the rules?
There are a number of online platforms offering useful information when it comes to rugby, however we can recommend the Rugby Football Union (RFU) and International Rugby League Federation websites.
What is the difference between Rugby Union and Rugby League?
There are a number of different rules between the two, with the main difference being that Union teams have 15 players, while League sides come with just 13. Other differences surround tackling and the breakdown.
What are the most popular rugby betting markets?
Popular rugby betting markets include 1x2, total points, over/under points, winning margin and half time/full time, however there are a large number of alternative options for punters to take advantage of.
Which is the best rugby betting site?
The best rugby betting site will be the one which best suits your needs, whether this be surrounding your preferred markets, odds or additional features.
Can I place bets on rugby games using my mobile?
Yes. The majority of rugby betting sites can also be accessed via mobile, while some bookies may even offer an app.
Is live streaming available at rugby betting sites?
Some betting sites will also allow punters to stream rugby games live, meaning that they can keep up with the action as it unfolds. A small stake is generally required in order to gain access to streams.