To keep pace with the times and the fast-moving nature of the digital age, the only gambling industry has had to continuously develop and introduce new features over the last few years. One of the newer additions is request-a-bet. “What’s that?”, you ask. Well, it is a simple feature that gives players more freedom.
Gone are the days, when the only selections that punters could back were chosen by the bookmakers. Now, if you want odds on something that isn’t a traditional option, you can simply request that a bookmaker prices it up. For example, let’s say you wanted to bet that two players would both score and both receive a yellow card in an upcoming football match, via the relevant bookmaker page, or via social media, you would make a request, and in return receive a price.
For those new unfamiliar with the concept of request a bet, we cover everything you need to know below, as well as detail our top ten request-a-bet betting sites.
Our Recommended Top 10 Sites for Request a Bet
- Claim Your Bonus
- Great overall sport coverage
- Great odds
- Appealing accumulator bonus
- Superb bet builder feature
- Excellent range of options
- Best tennis bet builder
- Largest range of football bet builder options
- Player stats markets
- Great golf options
- Lots of bet builder options
- #YourOdds on range of sports/markets
- Great odds
- Football accumulator insurance
- Good social media presence and excellent bet builder feature
- Bet builder has lots of depth
- Five-a-side feature offers lots of player stat markets
- Plenty of sports
- Great bet builder options
- More selections allowed than other sites
- Different sports covered
- Variety of bet builder options
- #PickYourPunt page on site
- Good odds
- Great football odds
- Lots of customer rewards
- Great bet editing feature
- Great NFL betting options
- Best NFL bet builder
- Good options all round
How we rank recommended betting sites
As is the case when we compile any of our top ten articles, there are several things to consider when running the rule over request a bet betting sites. Our criteria can be seen below.
- Safety – No matter what type of betting sites we are looking at, safe betting comes first. Sites need to utilise up-to-date technology to protect players, while they must treat customers fairly and adhere to regulations.
- Markets – Offering a request-a-bet feature is obviously the most critical factor but ensuring that several markets can be used is also hugely important. Bookmakers must ensure that they allow punters to incorporate many different markets into their request-a-bet selections if they’re to feature in our top ten.
- Odds – Bookmakers must make sure that they’re offering respectable odds. It’s one thing to give customers a price on requests, but they must be fair. It is also important that operators are not stingy with what it is that they will price up. After all, it’s no good offering a request-a-bet service and then refusing to offer odds on a regular basis.
- Social Media – Betting sites ask that customers request their bets via social media. If this is the case, then operators need to ensure that they’re running an efficient service. Requests need to be acknowledged quickly, and odds need to follow shortly after. If a particular request is to be turned away, then an explanation should be provided. Those sites that are known to provide untimely responses won’t feature in our top ten.
- Usability – All sites that offer a request-a-bet feature must make sure that they do so in the most customer friendly way. Requesting a bet needs to be a simple process. Those sites that do not make the process easy for their customers won’t get the greenlight from us.
What is request a bet?
A prominent feature with the top bookmakers over the last few years, request a bet is where punters can ask for odds on a selection that is not otherwise being offered. In other words, this feature allows players to create their own bets. You may want to combine several bets within a single game of football, or perhaps, when golf betting, you’d like to bet on three different players to all make the top 10 at the next big tournament. This feature provides the freedom to do so.
‘Request a Bet’ is the general term for the feature, some bookmakers have their own term for the feature. Here are the different names that feature amongst our top ten:
|BOOKMAKER||FEATURE||GO TO SITE|
|William Hill||#YourOdds||Visit William Hill|
|Bet365||Bet Builder||Visit Bet365|
|Unibet||Bet Builder||Visit Unibet|
Advantages of the request a bet feature
The obvious advantage of this feature is the freedom it offers. Punters are not held back by what is traditionally on offer.
Instead of choosing from existing options, players can pick and choose, betting on whatever they like, in pretty much any combination. A secondary advantage is the fact that punters can increase their odds by combining a few selections that otherwise would not be part of a multiple bet. For example, if players previously wanted to bet on multiple, they would have to combine lots of singles from lots of different matches. Requesting a bet or using a bet builder changes this, as it allows players to combine lots of single bets on the same event. Doing so can dramatically increase the potential winnings from a single match.
Requesting a bet is also great if you’ve got particular knowledge or very strong opinions on just one fixture. If you have strong fancies for one match, but no real opinions on anything else, then placing a multiple bet isn’t ideal. Being able to place a same-game multi, which is essentially what requesting a bet allows, removes this issue.
Finally, by using the request-a-bet feature, players can combine selections that could no longer be combined. Traditionally, selections that affect each other could not be used in multiples. In other words, picks that directly impact each other can’t be grouped together. However, by requesting your own bet, punters can bypass this hurdle.
How to request a bet?
Requesting a bet is a relatively simple process. Once you’ve decided which bookmaker you would like to make the request with, all you need to do is make contact via the hugely popular social media platform Twitter. With a bet in mind, all you do is ask for a price.
For example, ahead of a Champions League match between PSG and Bayern Munich, let’s say you decided to bet on Neymar and Mbappe both to score, Verratti to receive a yellow card, both teams to score and PSG to win, you’d simply tweet this, using the relevant hashtag, to the bookmaker that you wanted to use.
In this case, William Hill would then reply with a price for you chosen selection.
Bet builders are almost identical to request-a-bets, but they operate in a slightly different way. Instead of using social media to make a request, bet builders are done on site. By visiting the appropriate page of a betting site, punters can combine several single selections from the same event, thus building their own bet.
A slightly newer invention that request a bet, bet builders have become increasingly popular among football bettors. Nowadays, it is impossible to peruse the odds of a big football fixture without coming across the bet builder section.
This allows football punters to easily select and place their own same game multis without having to contact the bookmaker via social media.
Step-by-step bet builder guide
Let’s go through the process of putting together a bet builder. In this example, we’ve used Bet365, but the process is invariably the same across the board.
Step 1. First off, we find the fixture that we’re looking to bet on, which in this example is the Championship match between Coventry and Bournemouth. When on the fixture page, we click on the ‘Bet Builder’ tab.
Step 2. Once we’re on the ‘Bet Builder’ page, we then need to add some selections. This can be done by clicking ‘Add Selection’. We will then see the following drop down:
Step 3. From here we simply add our desired selections. After adding the first, we simply repeat the process above, clicking ‘Add Selection’ and choosing. This is repeated until we’ve sorted all the selections that we want.
Step 4. For this fixture, we’ve gone with three selections, though it really is up to you how many you add. Once all of the selections have been selected, a price will be generated. Now, simply click the odds, under which it says ‘Add to Bet Slip’.
Finally, all we have to do is select the our stake and our bet builder is ready to go. It really is as simple as that.
Our Top 5 Recommended Bet Builder Bookmakers
|BOOKMAKER||SIGN UP BONUS||BEST FOR||GO TO SITE|
Up to £100 in Bonuses
|Best tennis bet builder||Visit Bet365|
|Betfair||Free £20 exchange bet||Largest range of football options||Visit Betfair|
|William Hill||Bet £10 Get £30 in Free Bets||Huge bet builder variety||Visit William Hill|
|PaddyPower||£10 Risk Free Bet||Great odds||Visit PaddyPower|
|Ladbrokes||Bet £5 Get £20 in Free Bets||Five-a-side football bet builder||Visit Ladbrokes|
Request a bet strategy
- Fun – In general, the request a bet feature is fun. Combining several selections can be a great way to enhance both your odds and the viewing experience of a sporting event. That said, some people opt for a more serious approach.
- Time and effort – As with any serious betting, time and effort is an absolute must. To get results, you must put the work in.
- Discipline and value – Discipline is also a prerequisite, as is a full understanding of odds and the meaning value. You can read more about general betting strategy and help in other areas on site, such as here.
- Learn – There are great resources out there, use such resources, learn from experts, take advice and take on aboard request a bet tips.
- What do you want? – Advice that is relevant solely to the request a bet feature is as follows. First and foremost, decide what your goal is. What do you want out of a request a bet? For example, are you looking for that unlikely, one-off sizable win? Or are you looking to churn out a small profit over time by combining a few strong selections?
If the latter describes you, then it’s important to avoid being greedy. Remember, your goal is to churn out a small profit over time, so don’t get too ambitious with your selections. If the former fits what you want to achieve, then shoot for the stars. That big win is always going to be unlikely, but every now and then, somebody wins life-changing money. For instance, in 2016, it was reported that a single punter took one of the top online betting firms for a sum in the region of £450,000 thanks to an ambitious request.
Once you’ve decided what you’re hoping to achieve, you will be better set to make the right choices when it comes to requesting a bet.
Visit UK's Favourite Request a Bet Betting Site Today
- Claim Free Bet
- Great overall sport coverage
- Great odds
- Appealing accumulator bonus
The bottom line is that request a bet adds an exciting new dimension for punters, as it ultimately gives them more freedom and offers the potential to win big, usually without risking anything other than a paltry sum. The feature has become hugely popular and is thus something that each of the big betting firms offer, though the feature isn’t the same everywhere. Some firms do it well, some not so well. Our top ten highlights those betting sites that are best to use if request a bet is something that you’re interested in.
Does every bookmaker offer request a bet?
Essentially, yes. Requesting a bet from an online bookmaker has rapidly become the norm, which means that each of the big-name online operators offer some sort of request a bet feature, though different sites use different names for such a feature.
Will my request a bet always be accepted?
The simple answer is no. Sometimes, for whatever reason, bookmakers will decline pricing up requests. It generally depends on the request, which may seem strange given the name of the feature, but that’s the way it is.
What is the best way of requesting a bet?
Generally, the best way of requesting a bet is via social media. Using the correct hashtag, punters simply need to tweet their request to the bookmaker they wish to use. The bookmaker will then reply with either a price for the requested selection or provide a reason as to why they cannot offer a price.
Are request-a-bets the same as bet builders?
In essence, yes. The only really difference between the two is how they’re placed. Bets must be requested via social media, where a bookmaker will respond with a price. Bet builders are done on site, which is slightly easier and less time consuming. Punters can simply go to the necessary page and select a combination of same-game bets. Bet builders have grown massively in football in recent years, so much so that they’ve replaced the request a bet feature to some extent.
Can a request a bet be cashed out?
Yes. Bookmakers will allow cash out on request a bet, though this won’t be the case if the market has been suspended.