The rise in competitive gaming over recent years means that Esports betting sites are becoming increasingly popular. Whether you follow CS:GO, League of Legends, Dota 2, FIFA, Overwatch or other games, Esports betting UK is big business.
On this page, we will outline some of the Esports betting sites worth checking out. On top of this, readers will also gain an insight into how this form of betting works, including available markets, leading events and Esports betting tips.
Top 10 Best Esports Betting Sites in the UK
We review each sportsbook in-depth further down this page, but if you’re just looking for a quick summary, here’s a list of the top bookmakers of 2021.
- Betway – Best for Live Esports Markets
- GG.BET – Live streaming of hundreds of Esports events
- Betsson – Best Betting Site for CS:GO Markets
- LOOT.BET – Range of payment methods, including Skinpay
- LeoVegas – Regularly offer the best Esports odds in the business
- BetSpawn – Esports platform accompanied by complete sportsbook
- Bet365 – Overwatch, Call of Duty and Rainbow Six markets found
- Mr Green – Mobile app available for iOS and Android users
- UniBet – Useful pre-match and in-play statistics
- Esportsbetting.com – Hundreds of League of Legends markets available
- 1 Top 10 Best Esports Betting Sites in the UK
- 2 Our Recommended Sportsbook For Esports
- 3 Top 10 Esports Betting Sites of 2021
- 4 How We Rank the Best Esports Betting Sites
- 5 Biggest Esports Events to Bet On
- 6 How to Succeed When Betting on Esports: Strategy & Tips
- 7 Esports Betting Guides
- 8 How Do Esports Betting Sites Compare to Traditional Bookies?
- 9 Esports Betting Sites Bottom Line
- 10 Our Recommended Sportsbook For Esports
- 11 Esports Betting FAQ’s
Our Recommended Sportsbook For Esports
- Claim Free Bet
Top 10 Esports Betting Sites of 2021
1.Betway: Best Betting Site for Live Esports Markets (Up to £30 Free Bet)
Betway offers a dedicated Esports betting platform, where customers can find a host of pre-match and in-play markets from events surrounding CS:GO, League of Legends, Call of Duty and Dota 2, among other games.
The betting site also regularly deliver the most competitive Esports odds around, while the ability to live stream matches is also very appealing. The bookie is also well known for their price boosts, which are available to both desktop and mobile customers.
- Live Esports streaming available
- Free bets and price boosts regularly on offer
- Easy to use betting platform on both desktop and mobile
- Excellent pre-match and in-play market coverage
- Low withdrawal limits in comparison to other Esports betting sites
2. GG.BET: Best Betting Site for Live Esports Streaming (100% Bonus up to €200)
Created by Esports enthusiasts and professionals, GG.BET is a betting site that mainly caters for Esports fans, although a sportsbook is also available. CS:GO, Dota 2, league of Legends and Fortnite are just a sample of the markets available, with their coverage being among the best online today.
Almost all Esports events can be streamed on their site, while Skinpay, an increasingly popular online currency, can also be used by customers.
- Huge number of ongoing Esports promotions
- Variety of payment methods available
- Live streaming of hundreds of Esports events
- Outright markets on major Esports tournaments
- Strict bonus wagering requirements
3. Betsson: Best Betting Site for CS:GO Markets (100% Bonus up to £150)
Scandinavian bookie Betsson have perhaps unsurprisingly been at the forefront when it comes to Esports betting, with everything from FIFA to Dota 2 being available. However, Betsson is particularly appealing for fans of CS:GO, with a huge number of markets being available here.
Live streaming of Esports matches are available daily too, while Betsson has developed a good reputation as a result of their ongoing promotions. Popular markets at Betsson include match winner, maps handicap and total maps, with the number of possible bets only increasing once games are underway.
- Live Esports streaming available
- Generous welcome bonus and ongoing promotions
- Excellent in-play Esports opportunities
- Sportsbook site is difficult to use at first
4. LOOT.BET: Best Betting Site for Esports Promos (Up to £100 Welcome Bonus)
Coming with some 25 Esports markets, LOOT.BET is an excellent site for fans of CS:GO, Dota 2, LoL and other games, with a host of pre-match and in-play bets being available.
An appealing welcome bonus and a variety of ongoing promotions are found too, including a generous rewards program. Live streaming is available from popular events and Esports personalities also, with LOOT.BET truly catering for all of your needs.
- 25 different esports available to bet on
- Esports slot games found
- 24/7 live chat support
- Range of payment methods, including Skinpay
- Odds leave a little to be desired
5. LeoVegas: Best Betting Site for Esports Odds (Up to £100 Extra Winnings)
Another Scandinavian betting site appearing on this list is LeoVegas, who take Esports very seriously. All major Esports events and tournaments are covered, along with some less high-profile competitions. CS:GO, Dota 2, League of Legends and Call of Duty can be bet upon at LeoVegas.
Punters are able to back their favourite teams and players with everything from total maps to correct map score. Those signing up can also take advantage of a detailed sportsbook and an entertaining casino platform.
- Unique welcome offer
- Good number of in-play Esports markets
- Regularly offer the best Esports odds in the business
- Useful match statistics for upcoming Esports events
- Lack of ongoing promotions
6. BetSpawn: Best Betting Site for Quick Payments (100% Bonus up to €133.7)
Betspawn is another betting site that caters mainly for Esports fans, however their platform does also feature sports markets such as football and basketball. 30+ different games are available to bet on in total, including CS:GO, Overwatch, Rocket League and Rainbow Six, demonstrating their diversity.
Deposits can be made using skins at Betspawn, something in which experienced gamers will be familiar with. Meanwhile, 25+ different bet types can be placed on high profile Esports encounters, while in-play markets are available daily. Before placing bets, customers can also view the form of both teams, as well as the expected rosters.
- Modern payment methods available
- Generous welcome bonus
- Esports platform accompanied by complete sportsbook
- Live streaming of many Esports matches
- No ongoing promotions to speak of
7. Bet365: Best Betting Site for Security (Bonus of up to £100)
Bet365 has long been one of the leading online bookmakers, with Esports markets having been found on their site for a number of years now. CS:GO, LoL and Dota 2 are among the most in-depth Esports markets at Bet365, however a number of other games are also found from time to time.
A generous welcome bonus is accompanied by a host of ongoing promotions, many of which fans of Esports will be able to take advantage of. Customers here can also watch many Esports matches as they play out on either desktop or mobile. Useful Esports statistics are found too, helping punters in deciding which teams and players to back.
- 100% safe and reliable betting site
- Live Esports streaming available daily
- Top mobile betting app for iOS and Android users
- Overwatch, Call of Duty and Rainbow Six markets found
- Some negative feedback surrounding payouts
8. Mr Green: Best Betting Site for Specials (£10 Free Bet)
Esports features heavily at Mr Green, with customers here being able to place pre-match, in-play and outright bets on their favourite events and teams. The Mr Green sportsbook site is very easy to use, with a built-in search engine making it simple for users to access their preferred markets.
Popular Esports markets include straight odds, match winner, outright winner and live bets, with CS:GO, LoL and Dota 2 featuring regularly. Additional Esports games are likely to be added in the future too.
- Easy to use website
- Excellent Esports coverage
- Mobile app available for iOS and Android users
- 24/7 customer support
- Lack of promotions
9. UniBet: Best Betting Site for Mobile Betting (£40 Money Back Offer)
UniBet has great experience in the world of sports betting, with Esports being one of the latest markets to be added to their sportsbook. With a generous welcome offer and large number of ongoing promotions, UniBet have unsurprisingly attracted a large number of punters over the years.
Pre-match, in-play and outright Esports markets are available, with many being accompanied by live streaming. Statistics surrounding the teams involved from the last three months are also on offer, including map wins and overall form.
- Live Esports streaming on desktop and mobile
- Useful pre-match and in-play statistics
- Variety of ongoing promotions
- Efficient mobile app available
- Sportsbook site can appear cluttered at times
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 25x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in
10. Esportsbetting.com: Best Betting Site for League of Legends Markets (2x €13.37 Free Bets)
Esportsbetting.com is one of the most recognised sites dedicated for Esports betting. Attracting new customers thanks to their loyalty promotions, efficient payment methods and market coverage. CS:GO, League of Legends and Overwatch are just a sample of the available markets, with live betting being on offer daily too.
Customers can also keep up to date with the latest Esports news thanks to a regularly updated blog. Meanwhile, those signing up can look forward to quick deposits and withdrawals at Esportsbetting.com.
- Hundreds of League of Legends markets available
- Live Esports markets from around the world
- Licensed and regulated by leading authorities
- Betting site fully optimised for mobile devices
- Takes time to get used to the site
How We Rank the Best Esports Betting Sites
With so many betting sites today offering Esports markets, selecting which one best suits your needs is no easy task. However, punters can help themselves by signing up on an Esports betting site which performs well in the following areas:
Safety, Markets & Live Streaming
- Safety – As with any betting platform, Esports sites must offer a safe betting environment for punters first and foremost. A number of security measures should be in place. Encryption software, firewalls and anti-fraud departments are high on the list of priorities for any bookie hoping to be a success.
- Markets – Esports betting sites today cannot simply cover major events from CS:GO, LoL and Dota 2. Fortnite, FIFA, Overwatch and Rainbow Six are just a sample of the other games found at Esports betting sites.
- Live Streaming – Streaming plays a huge role in the Esports industry. Many of those operating in this market make big money by streaming their gaming activity. However, the ability for punters to watch the action as it unfolds on an Esports betting site makes successful betting more likely.
Odds & Bonuses
- Odds – The odds found at Esports betting sites will determine how much earnings you make from winning punts. So, be sure to check out odds comparison platforms in order to see which sites perform the best here.
- Bonuses – Whether it be a welcome offer or an ongoing promotion, bonuses often help to make Esports betting sites more appealing. Such bonuses can give punters an excellent platform to build upon. However, they should not be the only reason as to why you sign up.
Biggest Esports Events to Bet On
League of Legends World Championship
Organised by Riot Games, the World Championship is the biggest event in the League of Legends calendar. With prize money of over $2 million, teams battle it out for the Summoner’s Cup, with almost 100 million people tuning in. Chinese team FunPlus Phoenix came out on top in 2019, with the next event set to take place in Shanghai.
The concluding event of the Dota 2 season is The International, which offers one of the biggest prize funds in Esports today. Hosted by developers Valve, the event attracts teams from around the world, with European organisation OG having won in both 2018 and 2019.
Fortnite World Cup
The Fortnite World Cup is an annual event based on the video game from Epic Games. The tournament features two separate events, one for solo players and one for teams. Over 2 million viewers tune in on Twitch and YouTube to follow the action as it unfolds.
The Overwatch League
A professional Esports league surrounding the Overwatch game from Blizzard Entertainment, 20 teams battle it out for the main prize on offer. First taking place in 2018, London Spitfire and San Francisco Shock are the only winners of the event to date.
Swedish production company DreamHack put on two major events each year, the Dreamhack Winter and Summer. Such events host leading tournaments from the most popular Esports games, with Jönköping in Sweden playing hosts.
How to Succeed When Betting on Esports: Strategy & Tips
As with any form of betting, it is important to have a strategy when staking on Esports events. With that being said, the following Esports betting tips have been put together in order to give punters the best possible chance of being successful:
- Play the Games – If you have not played games such as CS:GO, League of Legends or Dota 2 in the past, understanding how to bet on them will be difficult. As a result, we recommend playing the games beforehand. Alternatively, watch streams on Twitch or other platforms from professional gamers.
- Set a Budget – Betting should be an enjoyable pastime. As such, Esports betting customers must set themselves a budget, based on their disposable income. Never go above this budget, with Esports betting sites making it easy to set deposit limits today.
- Select a Safe Esports Betting Site – When deciding which site to sign up on, be sure that it is 100% safe and trustworthy. This will include a gambling license from the relevant gambling authority.
- Do Your Homework – There are a number of platforms offering useful statistics and news articles from the world of Esports. So, before betting, be sure to do your research, with even a minor roster change potentially impacting a result.
- Bet on Smaller Events – Value can often be found when betting on less high-profile Esports events. As such, it is often worth steering clear of major events such as The International or DreamHack. [/su_list]
Esports Betting Guides
Learn the ropes and improve your Esports betting skillset with our in-depth “How to bet and win” guides for CS:GO, League of Legends and DOTA2. On top of it, we bring you the best betting platforms for each one of the leagues and the hottest sign-up offers.
How Do Esports Betting Sites Compare to Traditional Bookies?
The Esports betting sites in which we have recommended on this page range from traditional bookies to more modern and dedicated platforms. If you are looking for Esports betting UK, it is important to understand exactly how Esports real money betting sites work. So, just what is the difference between the two?
|Markets||Potentially more in depth and offer different bet types, such as Map 1 1st Pistol winner and total number of rounds.||Generally offer a smaller variety of markets, including match winner and map handicap.|
|Available bonuses||Esportsbooks may well offer promotions that are specific to Esports events, whether it be price boosts or enhanced winnings.||Other sportsbook sites will prioritise other sports when it comes to bonuses. Esports markets may also not qualify for free bets or bonus funds.|
|Odds||Esports betting sites established by gamers and enthusiasts may well be more accurate when it comes to odds. As a result, punters could well find good value on a more regular basis.||Traditional sportsbook sites may not have as good an understanding of the Esports industry, meaning that prices could well be inaccurate at times.|
|Live Streaming||Whether it be CS:GO, LoL, Dota 2 or Fortnite, Esportsbooks make it easy for customers to watch the action as it unfolds. Live streams from popular Esports personalities will also be accessible on some sites.||While traditional bookmakers may cover some Esports matches when it comes to live streaming, other disciplines take priority.|
|Payment Methods||Dedicated Esports betting sites are likely to offer payments using cryptocurrencies and skins.||Traditional sportsbooks will likely accept deposits and withdrawals via debit cards, ewallets and bank transfer.|
Esports Betting Sites Bottom Line
With Esports now being a billion dollar industry, it should come as little surprise that Esports is also prominent on a number of betting sites. Fans of professional gaming now have a variety of options when it comes to backing their favourite players and organisations. All of the sites on this page are nothing but safe and potentially rewarding, so be sure to check them out for yourself.
Our Recommended Sportsbook For Esports
- Claim Free Bet
Esports Betting FAQ’s
Is betting on Esports safe?
As long as you register at an Esports betting site that is fully licensed and regulated. Online safety is of huge importance, however our recommended sites ensure that all personal and financial information remains safe at all times.
Can I watch Esports matches online?
An increasing number of Esports betting sites offer live streaming. For those that don’t, platforms such as Twitch and YouTube make it easy for punters to watch Esports matches.
What are the most popular Esports bets?
For first-person shooters such as CS:GO and Rainbow Six, popular bets tend to be map and round based. Meanwhile, the likes of Dota 2 and LoL offer greater diversity.
What are the biggest Esports games?
CS:GO, League of Legends, Dota 2 and Overwatch are generally the most popular Esports games to bet on. However, there are an increasing number of additional titles available.
What makes a good Esports betting site?
A good Esports betting site performs well in a number of areas, including safety, markets, odds, bonuses, streaming and customer support.