The UEFA European Championships is one of the biggest events in the world of football. Despite Euro 2020 having been postponed until 2021 due to the Covid-19 pandemic, European football’s best players will still be hoping to come out on top for their country. Portugal are the reigning champions, however a whole host of nations are capable of lifting the trophy this summer.
Many have already backed their favourites at Euro 2020 betting sites, with millions of additional bets to be placed before and during the tournament. So, ahead of what many are now referring to as Euro 2021, this guide provides everything there is to know about the biggest sporting event of the summer.
Top 10 Euro Football 2020 Betting Sites
- Claim Your Bonus
- Regular football price boosts
- Blog featuring football news & Euro 2020 betting tips
- Range of football-specific promotions
- Live football streaming available
- Outright Euro 2020 markets available
- Fixed odds or spread betting on offer
- Competitive football odds
- Enhanced winnings on acca bets
- Easy to use sportsbook on desktop and mobile
- Cash out available on most markets
- Excellent platform for live football betting
- Pulse betting available
- Excellent outright Euro 2020 winner odds
- Large number of in-play football markets
- Live football streaming available
- Long term odds for Euro winners
- Live football streaming available
- Daily price boosts
- Daily football specials
- Early payout football promotion
- Mobile app for iOS and Android customers
- Competitive football odds
- Useful statistics available
- Easy to use sportsbook site
- Generous promotions for new and existing customers
- Leading Euro 2020 betting odds
- 150+ markets on Euros 2020 matches
- Fantastic welcome offer
- Football price boosts
- Live chat support
UEFA Euro 2020 Outright Winner Odds
Euro 2020 betting odds are already available to punters in terms of wagering on which team will win the tournament. The usual suspects are among the favourites, while there are also some outsiders worth considering. The table below shows the odds available at three of the leading Euro 2020 betting sites. Prices may well change in the build-up to the tournament getting underway. Odds will also fluctuate based on warm up performances and results at the tournament itself.
Popular Euro 2020 Betting Markets
As with any major sporting event, a host of betting markets are available surrounding the Euro 2020 finals. Including pre-match, in-play and outright options, the most common and popular Euro football 2020 markets include the following:
- Outright Winner – We mentioned above the Euro 2020 odds for the teams involved, with punters being able to wager upon which country will win the tournament outright. This market is available right up until the latter stages of the competition, while many punters will stake on their favourite before a ball is kicked in anger.
- Golden Boot – The Golden Boot award is given to the player who scores the most goals during the tournament. The likes of Tottenham’s Harry Kane, Romelu Lukaku, La Liga star Antoine Griezmann and Robert Lewandowski are likely to be in the running this time around. While not being available at all Euro 2020 betting sites, this remains a popular market.
- Player of the Tournament – Similarly, punters can also bet on which player will be named the best of the tournament. Premier League star Kevin De Bruyne, Kylian Mbappe, Eden Hazard, Cristiano Ronaldo and Raheem Sterling are all offered relatively short odds for the tournament this summer.
- 1×2 – The simplest and most common type of football bet remains wagering on the result of a single match. This means backing a win for Team A, Team B or a draw. Generally, there is a favourite and underdog, which is reflected in the Euro 2020 odds.
- Total Goals – With so many world class players set to be on show at Euro 2020, the tournament could well see a huge number of goals. However, with some top defenders also being in action, betting on the number of goals scored during a game is also appealing. This can be the exact number of over/under a set amount. For example, betting on there being over 3.5 goals between England and Scotland.
- Both Teams to Score – While betting on the exact number of goals can be risky, backing both teams to find the back of the net during the 90 minutes is often more likely. It does not matter how the goals go in, but both teams must get themselves on the scoresheet if you have backed the “Yes” option.
- Half Time/Full Time – In order to enhance the potential winnings, some punters will bet on the result after both 45 and 90 minutes. This is still just one bet, however both results must be correct for your bet to win. For example, Belgium to be drawing at half time but beat Denmark.
Euro 2020 Free Bets
Online bookmakers will often introduce free bet offers in the hope of attracting the attention of punters. While the possibility of earning a free bet appears like a win-win situation, it is important that customers consider a number of factors before looking to qualify. When an event such as Euro 2020 comes around, bookmakers will likely offer a host of promotions. So, just how do punters go about selecting the best Euro 2020 free bets:
Euro 2020 Free Bet Guide
- Choose Your Bookie – The popularity of the European Championships means that it is always a tournament that attracts major interest from punters. As such, a whole host of bookies will offer free bets and other promotions to potential and existing customers. However, it is important only to register with a safe and licensed bookmaker. 2.
- Check Out the Free Bet – Weigh up whether the rewards surrounding the free bet offer are worth the investment required. The maximum free bet amount or other rewards must be considered, as it may be that it is not worth the hassle. 3.
- Look Into the T&Cs – No matter what the offer, terms and conditions will feature. This can often have a significant impact on the appeal of a free bet. Terms surrounding minimum deposit, min odds, eligible markets and payment restrictions may well be in place. 4.
- Consider Wagering Requirements – Perhaps the most important factor to consider is the wagering requirements surrounding a free bet. In the majority of cases, only winnings made from a free bet will be available to withdraw. However, even those placing successful bets may be forced to turnover winnings a certain number of times before they can take home funds. This can be anywhere from 1x to 10x. 5.
- Make Qualifying Deposit/Bet – Once you have taken such factors into account and decided that a free bet is worth qualifying for, it is time to place your deposit or bet. Be sure that you meet the minimum amount, as well as entering any betting promo code that may be applicable.
While promotions specific to Euro 2020 have not yet been introduced, the following free bet welcome offers can all be used to bet on the tournament.
Top 3 Euro 2020 Free Bet Offers
- Claim Free Bet
Euro 2020 Betting Offers
As well as free bets, punters betting on Euro 2020 could well be in line to take advantage of a host of other promotions. Such promotions can help customers in maximising their winnings, as well as minimising losses. The following are among the most common promotions to look out for during the tournament this summer:
England Euro 2020 Odds
England has never won the European Championships. Their agonising defeat against rivals Germany at Euro 96 still haunts many fans, while more than one penalty shootout defeat has hampered their progress since. However, for those looking to bet on the Three Lions this summer, a number of markets are available surrounding Gareth Southgate’s men. So, let’s take a closer look at England’s Euro 2020 odds:
5 Ultimate Euro 2020 Betting Tips
Having taken into account past tournaments and the format of the competition this time around, we have come up with some Euro 2020 betting tips. Such tips have been designed to help punters beat the bookies. While they do not guarantee for success, following the steps written below will give punters the best possible chance of consistently placing winning bets during Euro 2020:
Euro 2020 Live Streaming
Euro 2020 is set to be one of the biggest sporting occasions in terms of live viewing in 2021, along with the Olympic Games. For those in the UK, matches will be shown live on both the BBC and ITV. Meanwhile, radio commentary will be available on TalkSport. On top of this, a small number of bookmakers will also offer live streaming surrounding the tournament. For those looking for Euro 2020 live streaming, the following betting sites are worth checking out further:
Tournament Structure and Key Dates
Euro 2020 will now take place between June 11th and July 11th, 2021. 12 host cities will stage matches, differing from the normal method of having one host country. The following is the draw for the group stages of the competition, with qualifiers and play-off matches having determined who made the cut:
Group A (Rome/Baku): Turkey, Italy (hosts), Wales, Switzerland
Group B (Copenhagen/St Petersburg): Denmark (hosts), Finland, Belgium, Russia (hosts)
Group C (Amsterdam/Bucharest): Netherlands (hosts), Ukraine, Austria, North Macedonia
Group D (London/Glasgow): England (hosts), Croatia, Scotland (hosts), Czech Republic
Group E (Bilbao/Dublin): Spain (hosts), Sweden, Poland, Slovakia
Group F (Munich/Budapest): Hungary (hosts), Portugal (holders), France, Germany (hosts)
The top two in each group plus four best third-placed teams go through.
Meanwhile, the following is the structure of the knockout phase of Euro 2020:
Round of 16
Saturday 26 June
1: 2A vs 2B (18:00, Amsterdam)
2: 1A vs 2C (21:00, London)
Sunday 27 June
3: 1C vs 3D/E/F (18:00, Budapest)
4: 1B vs 3A/D/E/F (21:00, Bilbao)
Monday 28 June
5: 2D vs 2E (18:00, Copenhagen)
6: 1F vs 3A/B/C (21:00, Bucharest)
Tuesday 29 June
7: 1D vs 2F (18:00, Dublin)
8: 1E vs 3A/B/C/D (21:00, Glasgow)
Rest days on 30 June and 1 July
Friday 2 July
QF1: Winner 6 vs Winner 5 (18:00, St Petersburg)
QF2: Winner 4 vs Winner 2 (21:00, Munich)
Saturday 3 July
QF3: Winner 3 vs Winner 1 (18:00, Baku)
QF4: Winner 8 vs Winner 7 (21:00, Rome)
Rest days on 4 and 5 July
Tuesday 6 July
SF1: Winner QF2 vs Winner QF1 (21:00, London)
Wednesday 7 July
SF2: Winner QF4 vs Winner QF3 (21:00, Wembley Stadium, London)
Rest days on 8, 9, 10 July
Sunday 11 July
Winner SF1 vs Winner SF2 (21:00, London)
Previous Euro Winners
The European Championships first took place in 1960, with the Soviet Union having defeated Yugoslavia in the final. Below is a list of the past winners, starting from 1980, along with who they overcome in the final.
|1996||Germany||Czech Republic||2-1 (GG)|
Football Betting Guides
Of course, it is not just the Euro’s in which football fans have to look forward to. Those looking to wager on the Premier League, Champions League or other major leagues from around Europe should check out our expert guides. Our football betting guides offer the best bookies, odds and bonuses surrounding the beautiful game, as well as top tips.
Bottom Line on Euro 2020 Betting
As one of the most highly anticipated sporting events of the year, Euro 2020 betting is already underway. On this page, we have recommended some of the leading bookmakers accepting bets on the tournament, all of which are completely safe and legal. So, whether you are looking to bet on England winning the tournament for the first time or for North Macedonia to shock the Netherlands in their Group C encounter, we have all bases covered.
Which are the best Euro 2020 betting sites?
The number of betting sites offering Euro 2020 betting markets is huge. However, some are undoubtedly better than others, scoring well when it comes to safety, markets, odds and bonuses, among other factors. We have recommended some of our top ranked bookies on this page, including MansionBet, 888Sport and SpreadEx.
Who are the favourites to win Euro 2020?
Despite neither team having ever won the competition in the past, the majority of bookies have England and Belgium as the favourites for Euro 2020. However, the likes of Spain, 2018 World Cup winners France and Germany are never to be written off.
Which are the most popular Euro 2020 betting markets?
Before the tournament gets underway, many punters take advantage of the outright winner market. Meanwhile, popular pre-match markets include 1x2, total goals, first goalscorer and both teams to score.
Can I bet on Euro 2020 using my mobile device?
Yes! All of our recommended Euro 2020 betting sites are fully functional on mobile devices. Meanwhile, some have taken the step of developing and introducing betting apps.
Is live streaming of Euro 2020 available?
Potentially, yes. It is not yet clear which bookies will cover games, however many already offer live streaming of matches from major football leagues and competitions from around Europe and the rest of the world. Generally, a small stake or funded sportsbook account is needed to gain access.